Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers PL-e PRO 800mw@532nm "Boomstick" Review

Another more “issue” that cold laser can’t even light a match, so probably output becomes less than 200mw. Got some troubles using it outdoors. Unlike my Spartan, it’s just warms up really quickly and gets max output even if temp is very low. JL laser never warms up in a cold environment. I can say that this laser will not work properly outdoors.

What’s matter guys? DL crystal gets full output at cold temp. The only explaination that 800mw of DPSS is hard to keep in a handheld?

Still can’t deal with fact that this laser outputs two beams :/
There is an optimal temperature range for green dpss lasers to work according to design specifications.

Nexgen

Update:
Used different wire to test consumption, and I figured out that laser is drawing 3A at 4,2volts.
Laser starts lasing at 1,3A.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
He was probably speaking of the 1/4 - 20 threaded hole in the body, it's for a tripod mount.
It is not threaded very deeply, so I would use some caution if mounting this beast using this method.

Encap

A $700 laser has a hole in it?
Yes, correct. JetLasers, manufacturers of arguably the best quality professional level hand held lasers just drill a random hole into the driver compartment to mess with customers mind and show contempt for anyone buying a JetLasers product. LOL
Are you just trolling LPF with pathetic questions that you can easily find the answers to yourself or what?

Apparently you are either too lazy, too lame, or too totally in the daydream world of your imagination to make any effort to read/ look at, and/or comprehend JetLasers PL-E Pro 532nm product information on the JetLasers web page about the product so I will spoon feed you the information from that page as if LPF were a pre-school.

In the labeled features there are 3 "holes" 1 that does not go into the driver compartment which is the tripod mount threaded hole BowtieGuy mentioned and 2 that are "holes" into the driver compartment which could allow water into the compartment as mentioned by the OP in his review-- labeled the DC docket(AC in) and the Safety pin docket.
PL-E Pro is not supposed to be a sealed water resistant laser and was not designed to be used in the rain or underwater. Not having any "holes"/openings into the driver compartment was not a design consideration - the "holes" are all associated with functional features and necessary for them. See image below from the JetLasers PL-E Pro 532nm web page which labels where the features "holes" are and go study all the images and words on the PL-E Pro 532nm web page, for a change, so you will know what the JetLasers web page says/reveals about the product - see: https://www.jetlasers.org/index.php...dapter-no/49-goggles-no/33-power_levels-800mw

93-thickbox_default.jpg

Last edited: