Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers PL-C 532nm 600mw laser arrived!

Hello all, my Jetlasers 600mw PL-C has finally arrived, after over a month of sorting things out. This small review will be added on to, ill post pictures later.

The output of the laser:

All I can say at this point is that I am simply amazed at how bright this thing is. Its approximately twice as bright (both in beam and in dot) when compared to a 1.3 watt blue laser. I haven't done measurements on divergence, but I will do this when I can find the time. It appears to shift between TEM00 and TEM01 for the first 15 seconds, and then it stabilizes.

The host:

The host feels very solid in your hand, and is quite heavy. All parts work well. Its case positive. This laser is accompanied with a safety key lock, a warning light (the light is on when the laser is on), and a safety and dust blocking shutter. The laser is focusable, and the adjustment for focusing it is quite precise (focusing at farther distances from the laser is not really a challenge).

I've yet to see this laser at night time. Hopefully this laser will hold out and not burn out on me, however, I haven't heard of this happening with Jetlasers. Ill keep this thread updated.

Thanks,

AAlasers

Last edited:

Should you experience any issues with your JETLASERS 532/600 you do have a one year warranty. Thank you for joining the Group Buy. Glad that you like it so far.

hak

Hmm.. I am experiencing an issue. The button no longer works. It is permanently on, so I can only turn off the laser with the safety key. I don't particularly want to send this across the world for such a trivial problem, but is there any way I could fix this? I'm worried about breaking something important if I try and disassemble this laser.

Thanks,

AAlasers

jakeGT

I was just reading in the gb thread that the pl-c's had button issues.... Uh oh:( but jetlasers will fix it and ship it for free

Pm hak and let him know

In the past Gray has had us return very few but check w/him before attempting any fix yourself- he generally PPs back the shipping once you tell him the amt.
In amost all cases the repair was done quite fast and th laser returned via DHL Express which is crazy fast(and $$$)

Gray said there turned ut to ba a 14% issue or failure rate with this switch. Some thing that, of course, could not be known in advance.

Be sure to package and fill out the forms exactly as Gray recommends.

Also he may want you to return ONLY the front portion of the laser--not the tailcap or any other not needed parts. I mark my returns as 'LED Light returned for repair' and I value them at 30$ and add NO insurance. Although Gray uses DHL coming to USA he asks me to use USPS /EMS for boxes going to him.

Jerry may be of help on the shipping to China.

hak

Last edited: