Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

JetLasers 650nm 150m showcase. Problems?

Hey guys,

Just got my 650nm PL-E Pro from JetLasers. Below is a quick "resume" of how I feel about it. Not a review :p

The Good:
- Shipping was extremely quick! This thing only took about 2 days from China to my house, simply amazing!
- Thank goodness for this laser having proper polarity protection. When reading the directions I was first told to insert "negative" end first, then on another paper told to put "positive" end first. Which one is it guys? Polarity protection saved me on this one.
- Laser is everything you would expect from JetLasers. Strong solid feel, very heavy(which is good IMO) and outputs a very nice rectangular 650nm dot, which was kind of a shame to be, but oh well.
- Everything to get you started is included. Laser itself, neckband to hold your laser, cleaning wipe and glasses.
11431-fullsizerender.jpg

11437-fullsizerender-3.jpg

The Bad:
- I asked for a power graph to be included with my purchase, unfortunately I did not receive anything of that sort upon getting the laser. Only documents included were warranty and certificate of being tested(in Chinese).
- I spent an extra $30 for safety goggles and received 190nm-540nm safety goggles! Essentially useless agaisnt this wavelength.... common Gray :mad:

- When receiving this laser, you better have a case ready since the only thing included is a cardboard box which provides no protection at all for the laser. I will be buying one soon to protect this beauty!
11430-fullsizerender-1.jpg

I will be in contact with Gray to see what can be done about this glasses, since they are basically useless until I get a laser which falls between those wavelengths.

Thanks, :yh:
-Alex

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Looks good Alex, Enjoy! :D
I'm sure Gray will exchange, or probably just send you the proper safety goggles. You can't beat J/L's shipping times.
That dot looks pretty round in your photo; the 150mW version is supposed to be single mode.

Last edited:
Bump, kinda.

I see JetLasers offers a Beam Expander 10X for $99. Should I purchase it? Would it make a huge difference? I think having a laser who's beam can go on for miles & miles would be sweet! :D

-Alex

Pman

I am very curious as to what diode they build that with. Any chance it says anything like that?
Don't have one myself but those are smart looking units.

Razako

Bump, kinda.

I see JetLasers offers a Beam Expander 10X for $99. Should I purchase it? Would it make a huge difference? I think having a laser who's beam can go on for miles & miles would be sweet! :D

-Alex
I would only recommend it if you end up getting the 500mw+ 635 laser or another very high powered laser. The beam expanders are nice to compensate for the bad beam specs of high power diode lasers. Idk if I'd recommend it for a 150mw red alone. If you plan on getting a whole wavelength collection of jetlasers I'd definitely recommend it.

Last edited:
I am very curious as to what diode they build that with. Any chance it says anything like that?
Don't have one myself but those are smart looking units.

It does not say anything Pman :(

I would only recommend it if you end up getting the 500mw+ 635 laser or another very high powered laser. The beam expanders are nice to compensate for the bad beam specs of high power diode lasers. Idk if I'd recommend it for a 150mw red alone. If you plan on getting a whole wavelength collection of jetlasers I'd definitely recommend it.

I do plan on getting all PL-E Pro's! Would it make a difference at 150mW's?

-Alex

Razako

It does not say anything Pman :(

I do plan on getting all PL-E Pro's! Would it make a difference at 150mW's?

-Alex
It will make a difference. You'll be able to shine a noticeable dot on objects that are extremely far away. They're also nice if you wanna burn or etch stuff because they allow you to focus the laser well.

It will make a difference. You'll be able to shine a noticeable dot on objects that are extremely far away. They're also nice if you wanna burn or etch stuff because they allow you to focus the laser well.

Hmmmmm..... seems like I might buy one once my Laserglow money comes back :yh:

-Alex

Looks good Alex, Enjoy! :D
I'm sure Gray will exchange, or probably just send you the proper safety goggles. You can't beat J/L's shipping times.
That dot looks pretty round in your photo; the 150mW version is supposed to be single mode.

Hey Bowtie,

That's for the 635nm version. Didn't see anything about 650nm being singlemode :(

-Alex

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, you're correct, I didn't notice that I had clicked on the 635nm PL-E's. It doesn't say anything about the 650's.

Yep, you're correct, I didn't notice that I had clicked on the 635nm PL-E's. It doesn't say anything about the 650's.

Hehe. Bowtie, do you have a beam expander for your PL-E's? I took another look at Jet's website and don't find the way they attach to the laser very attractive.

I think I'll pass..... :undecided:

-Alex

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I've got the old style B.E. for the original PL-E version. These were pre "Pro" series.
Take a look at my "My Jetlasers" album, I got a pic of one installed on my PL-E.

Last edited:
I've got the old style B.E. for the original PL-E version. These were pre "Pro" series.
Take a look at my "My Jetlasers" album, I got a pic of one installed on my PL-E.

Yeah, those looked a lot more appealing(in my opinion). I spoke with Alaskan since he's pretty good with this stuff and decided to pass on a B.E for now.

Hopefully will be getting myself a 635nm PL-E in the near future :beer:

-Alex

Hey guys....

How bad does an uncorrected 650nm diode diverge? I did a quick test tonight and dunno if this is normal. Please be aware the dot on the door isn't circular. Instead it's a rectangular thin line about half the length of an iPhone :(

11438-img-3167.jpg

11439-img-3168.jpg

:(
-Alex