Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers 200mW 532nm PGL Review (pic heavy)

Jetlasers 200mW 532nm PGL

This is my review of the Jetlasers.net 200mW PGL unit. Feel free to comment and rep and what not :p

SHIPPING:
Shipping was very fast, It was shipped on a Thursday and arrived to me on the following Tuesday, even that was more surprising as there was shipping problems (the plane that was to take it from California to Reno had mechanical problems and was held up for a day.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT:
The customer support that I have gotten from Jetlasers has been among the BEST that I have seen, fast quick replies with close to perfect English ;)
LASER:
All I can say is…WOW…. This unit is the same as the SKYlasers green portable lasers with a few small differences such as the groves in the host are a bit smaller on this unit. My unit was sold as a 200mW unit with a peak of 250nW…Boy oh boy where they wrong! I get an average of ~300mW with the highest peak of 380mW!!!! This is a great unit, It has a pin lock on the tail cap and a key lock up by the button. The button IS a lot smaller than I am used to, but I think this is very cool! It makes the laser stand out! There is no delay like with the Laserglow and CNI products but I did not really like that anyhow J The laser does have a built in beam expander which works like a charm! The beam is HUGE 3mm at the aperture and it does diverge somewhat fast, this laser is NOT the best for long range burning BUT the large beam does make it much more visible in the night. When focused it will light a large red match in less than a second! It does also have a lock for the beam expander, once it is where you want the laser a second ring can be un-screwed and that will hold it in place better, even though the expander does NOT move on its own anyhow… It rotates very smooth with none of that annoying metal grinding feeling. It also has a bright blue LED by the power button and key lock, this is VERY bright like on my titan.
PACKAGING:
The laser came well packaged; it was in a shipping bag inside 2 boxes with foam padding, everything was great J
ENOUGH TALK Eh?
The box:
2581-review-7.jpg

2588-review-14.jpg

2584-review-10.jpg

2587-review-13.jpg

2586-review-12.jpg

2580-review-6.jpg

2583-review-9.jpg

2585-review-11.jpg

2576-review-2.jpg

2579-review-5.jpg

2582-review-8.jpg

2577-review-3.jpg

2575-review-1.jpg

AND A POWER TEST/ MATCH LIGHT VID!!!

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Wow that's a sweet laser. I had the IR version of that a while ago and they are great.

EPIC LOL! :crackup: u should edit it
but nice review

No that is what it is supposd to be :D It said "It was sold as a 200mW version with a 250mW peak" that is what they said it would be.......... My best peak has been 380mW

Thanks for sharing a good review of 532nm Jetlasers PGL though the font size is too small, lol
Better pics than the ones I took. :)
BTW, i agree the jetlasers laser beam diverges fast and the beam size is obviously bigger at the aperture, and according to my tests on the burning power of the Jetlasers red laser 300mw, the nearest focal distance from the aperture is around 15-20cm from the aperture. The farther distance where I adjust the focus is around 2-3 meters and it burns match head easily when I steady the laser.

Thanks.:yh:

Last edited:

Mik

Why does it have such a huge fluctuation in output? It's cool that it swings way up above the rated power, but it seems unusual how unstable it is.

Why does it have such a huge fluctuation in output? It's cool that it swings way up above the rated power, but it seems unusual how unstable it is.

It is not unstable LOL that is tipical for high power portible lasers :beer:

Mik

Oh I see.. I don't have anything that powerful yet *in green* so it makes sense that I wouldn't know that a 100mW swing is considered normal. My weak stuff seems to reach peak and maybe drop back 5mW at the most. That is interesting.