Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

jayrob's pocket mini build kit

This is a review of jayrob's pocket mini build kit, i really tried to upload pics to this thread but it keeps saying invalid URL and some other crap that i dont understand. so here is the link to the pics: http://laserpointerforums.com/members/kingdave2357/albums/random-pics-my-lasers/
The first 3 pics in the album are from the Pocket mini build(first is dot, then 2 pics of build)
So here goes, Excellent kit, sweet size, absolutly love it, fits and feels great in your hand! for my first build(put together by me) i got the hot option set to 177mA, and copper heatsink, i put a SF-AW210 diode in it, and WOW, works GREAT. i took my G-1 glass off my 8X and put it on this one, with the g1 glass im getting 235mW(some accuracy is lost, my LPM doesnt have a setting for 405nm but you can test it as 473nm and multiply the result by 2.53 or so i was told) thats pretty sweet for a SF. this is a great host, and if your a begginer, get the hot option, it so easy to complete(to easy actually) anyone with some basic soldering skills could complete the build. ive decided to buy 2 more of these and build a red with my LCC(that kendall forgot to send me XD) and maybee another blu with my GGW, but this time im gonna get a standard kit and do all the work myself!!!(except set the driver)
one more thing, the new style pocket mini has a glow in dark clicky switch that matches my glow dust cap from kendall, looks sweet with both sides glowing!!

Jayrob makes some nice kits doesn't he? :san:
Nice to see the ring of copper when you stare down the business end.
I demand beam shots by the way!

Last edited:
yeah definetly im eyeing his micro chrome but its on back order, but i love the size of the pkt mini, love the copper heatsink, gives it a nice heavy feel and some great heat disapation. will post some good beamshots of it later tonight, gotta break out the fog machine:eg:

jayrob

Nice beam shots!

Thanks for the review! :)

Glad you like it...

Update!!! Just completed another pocket mini(this one from scratch) with an LCC. Flexdrive set to 400mA, putting out 201mW with a aixiz acrylic, will test with a glass lens later, and post a few pics! Absolutly love these kits, very easy to build!! Thanks Jay, looking foward to the chrome host for my 12x:D