Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

jayrob Kits & Heatsinks Trades Feedback

My 405-G-1, Meredith Glass Lens (Fit for Aixiz) & Keychain CR2 arrived!

Exceptionally built, the lenses are clean and the design is simply effective :)

(On a side note, Jay, I think you should consider adding a "Teflon Option" on all your lenses. I'm pretty sure many people would like their lenses to come with teflon tape around the threads already fit for a no-spring assembly).

The Keychain CR2 has the best clicky of all time (insert Kanye West meme), it has a satisfactory click sound and feel, yet it's hard enough to press so you'll be 100% sure it won't get accidentally turned on inside your pocket. And I want to stress "pocket", since I didn't imagine it would be so small, it's actually around 0,7cm shorter than a regular sized <1mW red crapointer. The threading on the tailcap is really smooth. Don't be fooled by the small size of the host, it is NOT even near of what I'd call cheaply constructed. AT ALL.

Chuck Norris approves of this!

chuck_norris_approved.jpg

daguin

Jayrob + CR2 Key chain + 405-G-1 = EPIC WIN

Peace,
dave

Jayrob + CR2 Key chain + 405-G-1 = EPIC WIN

Peace,
dave

I'm saving the 405-G-1 for a 6x I'm waiting from Drew :)

BUT...cool stuff: Yesterday some friends wanted to smoke narguilé (Hookah) and we lit the slow powder covered coal with the 95mW Keychain CR2 :D

daguin

I'm saving the 405-G-1 for a 6x I'm waiting from Drew :)

BUT...cool stuff: Yesterday some friends wanted to smoke narguilé (Hookah) and we lit the slow powder covered coal with the 95mW Keychain CR2 :D

You know you can change them, right? ;)

I guarantee you will not hurt the G-1 with the PHR. You should get ~110mW out of the key chain with the G-1 lens.

Of course lighting Hookah with the laser could get your lens coated with tar.

Peace,
dave

You know you can change them, right? ;)

I guarantee you will not hurt the G-1 with the PHR. You should get ~110mW out of the key chain with the G-1 lens.

Of course lighting Hookah with the laser could get your lens coated with tar.

Peace,
dave

I know, I tried the 405-G-1 on it but I couldn't perceive any visual difference; I'm in for brightness rather than power. Also, as the CR2 Keychain is my new pocket buddy I don't want to risk the low-loss glass lens getting all dirty because of an accident or trying cool stuff like lighting coal.

Oh, I have the Meredith Glass on your MXDL, it's awesome :D:D

daguin

I know, I tried the 405-G-1 on it but I couldn't perceive any visual difference; I'm in for brightness rather than power. Also, as the CR2 Keychain is my new pocket buddy I don't want to risk the low-loss glass lens getting all dirty because of an accident or trying cool stuff like lighting coal.

Oh, I have the Meredith Glass on your MXDL, it's awesome :D:D

Yeah. you can't really "see" these differences. They just burn faster. Heck! When you get my age, you can't hardly see the 405nm anymore at all :(

I put the Jayrob Merideth mod lens on my red Kryton and went from ~310mW to >350mW! Worth every penny

Peace,
dave

I love how the red beam is extremely visible (at least for 660nm) at night, it should be around 245mW... 290mW with the Meredith lens :D

jayrob

Hey I just saw this thread...

Thanks for the good feedback Niko! :)

Yeah. you can't really "see" these differences. They just burn faster. Heck! When you get my age, you can't hardly see the 405nm anymore at all :(

I put the Jayrob Merideth mod lens on my red Kryton and went from ~310mW to >350mW! Worth every penny

Peace,
dave

Hey Dave, I'm glad you like the Meredith mod...

Was that increase you noted from comparing an AR coated Virtual Village lens? Because the Meredith mod should give a minimum of 20% more power with red vs AixiZ acrylic. (back opened)

But if you had a Virtual Village lens in there at 310mW's, then that makes sense. Because the Virtual Village lens is about 10% more power than AixiZ acrylic...

daguin

Hey Dave, I'm glad you like the Meredith mod...

Was that increase you noted from comparing an AR coated Virtual Village lens? Because the Meredith mod should give a minimum of 20% more power with red vs AixiZ acrylic. (back opened)

But if you had a Virtual Village lens in there at 310mW's, then that makes sense. Because the Virtual Village lens is about 10% more power than AixiZ acrylic...

Yeah. Originally I had the Virtual Village lens in it. The VV lens was the best available (affordably) at the time for the Kryton. Now your mod is :)

Peace,
dave