Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jayrob featured on hack-a-day!

jayrob

Great to see this kind of support from all you guys!

:thanks:
Jay

just remember. most of us were like that at one point... clueless about lasers. some off us still are partialy (<------ me)

Last edited:
Hey you guys... There's a couple of people commenting on that Hack a day article who are saying that the photo is 'shopped'. Please do me a favor and set them straight! :)

It is not photo shopped... One guy posted and told them. Was that you pseudolobster? But that kills me that people are saying it is fake...

:thanks: for the props! :)
Jay

Hey Jay....
people with little intelligence don't believe that it gets dark at night...:whistle:
(the word "Morons" springs to the forefront..);)

Jerry

jayrob

Lol! Yeah... you know, I forgot that most people don't understand about the latest developments in DIY pointers...

I really should have mentioned safety warnings in the article posted at Hack N Mod, which is where Hack A Day got their information from. I e-mailed Hack N Mod to add that the beam shot uses some smoke too...

Edit: The Hack N Mod article has now been updated to mention that the beam shot is with smoke. Also the eye protection recommendation.

Anyway, with all of the positive comments now, plus a couple of video links, those guys who said it was photo shopped must be feeling kind of dumb by now...
Jay

Last edited:
just remember. we were all like that at one point... clueless about lasers. some off us still are partialy (<------ me)

Speak for yourself. ;)

Most experienced members here do know a lot about science and they know even more that they shouldn't jump to conclusions too fast.

jayrob

It was only a Hack N Mod article, but then Hack A Day picked it up...

I think those two are very popular, and because of the bright beam shot, a bunch of others wrote articles as well.

Let me know if they print the article in their magazine! :)
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

Ha ha! It will be a short lived 5 minutes of fame.

But maybe in the process, LPF will get a lot more attention! Not that it really needs it though...
Jay