Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I've done it, after almost 2 years.

Encap

Never though this day would come, but as of this morning I am finally having a Laboratory Grade laser being built for me!

Expect a review in a few weeks but I am very, very excited & amazed at how I've gone from pointers, to handhelds & finally....Lab Lasers!

I decided to get the 100mW version as this is my first high powered unit in awhile & didn't want to come in getting more power then what I'm comfortable with!

Thank you everyone for sticking with me & answering all my paranoid questions :)

-Alex

Would guess a CNI and 655nm red from some past posts 100mW 655nm wil be almost as bright as a 5mW 532nm pen I would guess---a 100mW, 655nm red beam is 0.78% as bright as 5mW 532 beam but red dot is 1.84X 532nm green dot according to this Relative Laser Dot Brightness Calculator: (655nm 100mw) vs. (532nm 5mw)

DPSS or Direct Diode? Which model with what power supply and what specs?

What do you plan to use it for? How do you plan to use it?

Don't forget to buy a lab coat and warning sign for door of room to go with it and laser goggles/glasses that block 655nm just to complete the illusion (well at least the door sign so other people know). Maybe one of these Laser Warning Signs - MySafetySign.com

Last edited:

Gabe

I would assume it's a boy, considering it plugs into the wall rather than something plugging into it... :crackup:
Congrats on the purchase Alex.

I would assume it's a boy, considering it plugs into the wall rather than something plugging into it... :crackup:
Congrats on the purchase Alex.

It's both if it uses a detachable power cord. If so I'd say it's more like a hermaphrodite. Or perhaps a lesbian with a strap-on. Yeah that. :crackup:

I think I'll need a buy a lab coat the , along but with huge flashing signs saying lazers in use!!! :)

@Encap
It's a diode 655 M Series(CNI MGL) 5% stability unit.

-Alex

Gabe

It's both if it uses a detachable power cord. If so I'd say it's more like a hermaphrodite. Or perhaps a lesbian with a strap-on. Yeah that. :crackup:

Ah that's right, I forgot. My labby has that too, I think strap-on is the best description :D

Last edited:
I think I'll need a buy a lab coat the , along but with huge flashing signs saying lazers in use!!! :)

@Encap

-Alex

You can also buy the signs on Amazon, that's also where I bought my lab coat. Lab coats tend to run large, so if you wear a size large you may want to buy a medium. I have yet to see anyone here but me wearing a lab coat. See photos of me here in post #1123 on page 71:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/post-picture-yourself-43721-71.html
No one has posted in that thread for almost 3 months, so someone get over there and post a photo of yourself.

Alan

Encap

@Encap

-Alex

If you get a lab coat don't get one with plastic buttons---too reflective---get one with cotton cloth knot-buttons--you could put someone's eye out with plastic buttons reflecting See: META Labwear Men's 38" Knot Button Lab Coat | allheart.com

You have to get a Laser Emergency "Kill" Button see:http://www.lasersafetysystems.com/products.html --

Good article on laser lab design http://www.photonics.com/Article.aspx?AID=51738

Last edited:

Machro

Why the hype about 100mw of 650nm ?
You can build a 200mw one for <10$ lol

Why the hype about 100mw of 650nm ?

I haven't owned a laser above 5mW's for almost 2 years now which is why Im excited to finally get a higher powered laser. Over the course of those 2 years, I've always dreamed of owning a Lab Laser & by chance found a well-priced one on Dragon Lasers website and snatched it!

If you asked me there isn't a better way to start a new taste in lasers then with the exact laser you've always wanted :)

-Alex

Encap

@Encap

-Alex

:confused: :banghead: ??

Isn't a CNI MGL a green laser and a CNI MRL a red laser?

655 M Series(CNI MGL)doesn't exist-----a 655 has to be a CNI MRL model

Anyway good luck with it, whatever it is when it arrives.

Last edited: