Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

** IT'S OFFICIAL **  Laser Power Meter GB --

Re: ** IT'S OFFICIAL **  Laser Power Meter GB --

You guys are going to love this meter. I use mine every day.

Mike

Gazoo

Re: ** IT'S OFFICIAL **  Laser Power Meter GB

I think anyone whom is going to continue in the hobby needs this meter. I understand even though it is a good deal, it still can be difficult to come up with the bucks. I really could not afford it, but I jumped on it anyway. The plotting feature, fact that it can be reprogrammed to accommodate for different wavelengths, and back lit display made it an irresistible deal for me. Add to that, the people that have these are very happy with them.

xgeek,
You may not have a long term use for one, but I think if you get one you might want to keep it. Irregardless, I know you could easily sell it at the same price you paid for it, maybe even a little more. I don't mean to twist your arm as I know we will be getting these even if we don't have ten buyers. Honestly, I do not want anyone to miss out on a good deal.

Extending the deadline must stop at some point in time. I have seen deadlines extended in the past on GB's and then not everyone follows through. I would suggest asking for a modest deposit if we are going to extend the deadline much past the 1st. I don't mean to sound harsh, but some of us have been waiting for a meter for what seems like forever. Having said that, it is Daedal's call, and I will not cause any resistance or interfere as to what he decides to do. I consider myself very fortunate to be in on this GB, and for finding the will so I could find a way to get the money for the meter.

it's a great meter - I have one and love it. you'll never have to guess at the output of your laser again and you can plot the output of the home-made beast you constructed for the rest of us to drool over...

I don't need another one, but they're worth it if you're serious about lasers.

Daedal

Gazoo, thank you very much for that post. I just wanted to point out that I agree with you completely about the deadline extension. I hate it myself and wish they didn't have that long of a delay before they ship. I have one of two options really... extend the deadline, or go on with a higher price at the current number of participants. Although, another option that has presented itself is to go ahead and order the 10 meters and wait for the 10 orders to fulfill themselves. As soon as the 10 orders are complete, Tony will ship the meters out to me...

This might seem like a bit of a bind to do (ordering 10 and then waiting for them to happen), but I think it's better than extending the deadline a full 30 days (because we will ave to wait 30 days for them at the minimum while he builds them). On the other hand, if we don't get the full 10 orders within 30 days, then I'm stuck with whatever is left of the full order to deal with... and that's not too good for me either :-/.

Perhaps patience will eventually pay off, and to everything there is a limit. The only reason I extended the deadline the first time around is because of the payday, and the only reason I am thinking of extending it again is because I don't want to have promised everyone at the beginning of the GB a certain amount and then end up asking for more money to finish the GB, or to be paying up on every meter as that would be very bad for me...

I hope you all understand my current bind;
DDL

Don't sweat it mate. I for one are behind you no matter what :cool:

yea i was very interested in these meters at first
but the estimated receive time for these babies is a bit too far for me
ive been wanting a meter since last december

but come october-ish you guys will be a bunch of happy campers =]

Gazoo

Daedal,
I think your idea concerning ordering ten now might work out. It looks like we only need three more buyers to make a total of ten. Timelord is a definite, but we have to wait an additional week for him past the current deadline. One is sitting undecided and I don't recall if Berhnard was still in on this deal. I don't think you will have a problem selling the remaining three within the 30 day time of production. Funds for me are very tight, but if you have the funds, and you want to, let's go ahead with the order. I will commit to reimburse you for half of whatever isn't sold within 30 days. We can take those and sell them on ebay. But I am positive you will sell the remaining three before then. I would suggest ordering on the 3rd. of Sept. which is a Monday. This will allow a few more days for people to come up with more funds before placing the order.

Like gazoo says if you need any help let me know, I am sure we could all work something out and google checkout makes it nice and easy with it charging no fee's.

Daedal

Agreed then. Thank you guys very much for the support :)

10 meters will be ordered on the 3rd regardless of the then-current order quantity. There are 3 meters left for whomever is interested. I'm sure Bernhard will be in on this GB, so that makes 2 left. :)

Again, thank you guys very much for the extended support and for the great show of commitment well beyond the call of duty. :)

--DDL

xgeek

I thought 10 was the minimun you needed to order? I am still thinking it over but need to wait until payday at the end of the month. If the last 3 go before then does that mean I miss out :(

Gazoo

Daedal will need to confirm this but I am sure he would be able to order more than 10 on the 3rd. You would need to have your money to him before then.

Daedal

I could add you on to the list, but the deadline for orders is the 2nd or until the 10 units are sold. If you sneak your order in before the 2nd you should be fine regardless of order quantity :) I could get 15 orders on the 2nd and have them all go through. If anyone is interested in one of these, now is the time to snatch up the best laser power meter for the best price!

--DDL

Daedal, you bet I'm in :) There is no way I would miss this opportunity to buy the best value laser meter for great price. Paypal has been sent. Sorry about the long response and wait.

LPM-1 $160
ND8 $34
Datalog cable kit $10
Shipping $30
Total $234
Paypal (6%) $14
Total $248

Daedal

Thank you Bernhard :)

I got the PP and will update the list immediately :D

Thanx;
DDL

Laq

Yes, time to add another order (finally) :D

Here's the details on the order:
LPM-1 $160
ND8 $34
Datalog cable kit $10
Assembled datalog cable $15
International shipping $30
Total $249
----------------------------------------------------
Paypal fee (6%) $15 (OMG :eek:)
Total $264

You will be receiving the payment, including instructions on shipping abroad within a few min. after i made this post.

Thanks Daedal for your patience and organising this GB ! you ROCKK :cool:

Daedal

PP here Laq :)

List is being updated now :D

Thanx;
DDL