Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

It's been about 7 years from MN!!!

Its been a long time and I wasn't on long. I've made some purchases recently because the industry has become so exciting over the past few years! I've lurked a bit ever since because I have nothing of value to contribute but I may be asking some questions! You guys are the best brains to pick! I'm dying for that Optlaser 574nm to come back! So, anyways, HELLO EVERYBODY! 👍🏻

7 Years are a long time in this field. What have you done back in the stone-age? Must have been something like manually grinding silicon waffers out of rocks or distilling liquid air to get hold of spurious gases to fill the self blown glass tubes.

(y)

Live has gotten easier in the meantime. Welcome back.
(greetings from the rookie)

Its been a long time and I wasn't on long. I've made some purchases recently because the industry has become so exciting over the past few years! I've lurked a bit ever since because I have nothing of value to contribute but I may be asking some questions! You guys are the best brains to pick! I'm dying for that Optlaser 574nm to come back! So, anyways, HELLO EVERYBODY! 👍🏻

Hi there and welcome back! It is exciting now! I really like my 505nm and 488nm direct diode lasers! They are so pretty!
I am also enjoying my Jetlaser PLE-PRO 465nm 3.8W+ laser. Pretty and a beast too!

dont hold your breath.. they were REALLY never here.. almost all who did get one or two have had fails-replacements that also failed etc.. I paid for two(one of each) FROM FREEMAN AT Opt (in MAY!) and a few others are also waiting for one who paid and many who have not (like you) > 9 YRS ago AixiZ had some listed $$$$ big lab DPSS Yellow lasers-- same form factor as the old 473s-- big head--correction optics inside--big driver/PS--myb tec..

& most of the buyers were NOT hobbiests or lasershow folks-instead most buyers were from schools/university and labs -- one by one almost ALL failed-AixiZ sent replacements that eventually failed-- so when AixiZ ran out they did refunds..AND these were CNI s (?) Chuck took a bath on those.. . does not want any more now.

make your own from a green & a red combined.. not at all the same but close enough AND you can build ones with much more output..

Twice I got replies about a new 'batch' ( of 2 or 3 pcs) with promise that one or two had my name on them==BS! The ones owned and not yet FAILED will prolly fail in time unless you do not use it and take extra care--active cooling might be a must..the price was extremely low IMO and I knew there had to be a 'catch'

which was.. short lifespan...

edit you may have noticed that our location in this new forum is no longer showing under our username (huge PITA and bad move)

so we must go to each members profile to see IF they put that in their profile-- and those who have not and refuse to add that are being A55ES. --imo they are just being lazy... so in your profile I see you HAVE given your location...

" From Witch's Tit, Minnesota'' I THINK I have been there-- is it located between a 'well digger a55' and 'Freeze yer nads off cold' ... ???

wecome back
sorry if I dashed your hopes For both good AND cheap yellow/orange labbies.. I AM CRUSHED TOO.
Time to move on.. BUT Freeman does NOT want to refund (or maybe cannot)-- looked at other items from OPT China and do not need/want anything else that Opt sells

Hi there and welcome back! It is exciting now! I really like my 505nm and 488nm direct diode lasers! They are so pretty!
I am also enjoying my Jetlaser PLE-PRO 465nm 3.8W+ laser. Pretty and a beast too!
I definitely want a 465 myself. Very pretty.

Welcome to the LPF, again. Nice of you to do an introductory post, even at this late date. I just finished a ~465nm build in the past couple of days. It looks like the new batteries I ordered for it will be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait as I've been using a couple of CR123A batteries while I've been waiting. I will then take a power measurement and spectrometer measure of its wavelength. I also have a 477nm and a 488nm direct diode laser which look very different from the 465nm one.

Welcome to the LPF, again. Nice of you to do an introductory post, even at this late date. I just finished a ~465nm build in the past couple of days. It looks like the new batteries I ordered for it will be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait as I've been using a couple of CR123A batteries while I've been waiting. I will then take a power measurement and spectrometer measure of its wavelength. I also have a 477nm and a 488nm direct diode laser which look very different from the 465nm one.
I love your posts. They're some of the best. I've looked at some of your stuff regarding those 487-495 diodes. I love them. I'll be watching for your 465 post for sure. Meanwhile, check out my next post. I got some nice Sanwu beam shot video and put it on YouTube. :)

Edit: Here it is -

Last edited:
dont hold your breath.. they were REALLY never here.. almost all who did get one or two have had fails-replacements that also failed etc.. I paid for two(one of each) FROM FREEMAN AT Opt (in MAY!) and a few others are also waiting for one who paid and many who have not (like you) > 9 YRS ago AixiZ had some listed $$$$ big lab DPSS Yellow lasers-- same form factor as the old 473s-- big head--correction optics inside--big driver/PS--myb tec..

& most of the buyers were NOT hobbiests or lasershow folks-instead most buyers were from schools/university and labs -- one by one almost ALL failed-AixiZ sent replacements that eventually failed-- so when AixiZ ran out they did refunds..AND these were CNI s (?) Chuck took a bath on those.. . does not want any more now.

make your own from a green & a red combined.. not at all the same but close enough AND you can build ones with much more output..

Twice I got replies about a new 'batch' ( of 2 or 3 pcs) with promise that one or two had my name on them==BS! The ones owned and not yet FAILED will prolly fail in time unless you do not use it and take extra care--active cooling might be a must..the price was extremely low IMO and I knew there had to be a 'catch'

which was.. short lifespan...

edit you may have noticed that our location in this new forum is no longer showing under our username (huge PITA and bad move)

so we must go to each members profile to see IF they put that in their profile-- and those who have not and refuse to add that are being A55ES. --imo they are just being lazy... so in your profile I see you HAVE given your location...

" From Witch's Tit, Minnesota'' I THINK I have been there-- is it located between a 'well digger a55' and 'Freeze yer nads off cold' ... ???

wecome back
sorry if I dashed your hopes For both good AND cheap yellow/orange labbies.. I AM CRUSHED TOO.
Time to move on.. BUT Freeman does NOT want to refund (or maybe cannot)-- looked at other items from OPT China and do not need/want anything else that Opt sells
Witch's Tit... 😆 I forgot about that one. Duluth = Witch's Tit. Duluth is probably somewhere between Witch's Tit, Mn and Brass Monkey's balls, Mn.

Last edited:
I also have a 477nm and a 488nm direct diode laser which look very different from the 465nm one.

I want a 473 labby but the costs have only gone up on those. Did you post photos of that 477? I'd be very interested in obtaining one of those. :)

That 477nm was a very limited run of diodes from Sharp that were an attempt to make a 488nm diode. It was the only diode I only kept one of and they were all gone in an instant. The 477nm was the highest wavelength I had from that batch. There were some 473nm ones in there too. Had I known then what I know now, I'd have kept all of them. Won't be seeing those again, ever. I did post a review of the 477nm build. I might have reviewed it with another Sharp diode build. Can't remember for certain.

I definitely want a 465 myself. Very pretty.
They are gorgeous. Last night had a guest in the lab and broke out the spare eagle pair 0D6 to show off
the 465. We also viewed the beam under safe conditions...it was epic! Class 4 lasers are fun!