Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Issue resolved. Max from lazerer.com has gone above and beyond to help me.

Re: Long processing time for lazerer order

Max will certainly refund you or send you a new laser. This is unusual, most purchases are up to spec with the power chart. Send Max a email and see what he says. Good luck getting it fixed or a refund/replacement.

If ya don't mind me asking (I couldn't see it while scanning through the thread) which laser was it that you ordered?

Also, I'm sure Max will resolve things, may just take him a while to get around to you though, iirc he's pretty swamped.

If ya don't mind me asking (I couldn't see it while scanning through the thread) which laser was it that you ordered?

Also, I'm sure Max will resolve things, may just take him a while to get around to you though, iirc he's pretty swamped.

It was the 400mW!!

I have tested it several times now using 4 different brands of fully charged 18650 batteries, I checked if the battery was making poor contact, it was fine. This thing cant even hold a steady 120mW before it starts drifting down. It's giving off a lot of heat which leads me to believe that it's an issue with the pump diode or the driver. It's not a crystal alignment problem because I'm not getting large amounts of IR leakage. I am going to be sending back because a peak of 124mW on a laser that should be 400mW is unacceptable. In the description they list 350mW-400mW+. I will continue testing it tonight to see if anything changes but If it doesn't I will be contacting lazerer. It's a real shame because this is the first green I have gotten from them and it's almost a complete failure. I will ask them to send me a new one and if that one doesn't work out I will be giving my money to either CNI, Laserglow, Dragon Lasers, or viasho when it comes to DPSS lasers.

Last edited:
Re: 400mW 532nm lazerer only 125mW

Ahh, aye that's terribly underspec then. Yep, contact Lazerer and ask for a replacement, it's in their guarantee that they will replace it if it is 21% underspec or more. 120mW is 70% underspec!

Ahh, aye that's terribly underspec then. Yep, contact Lazerer and ask for a replacement, it's in their guarantee that they will replace it if it is 21% underspec or more. 120mW is 70% underspec!

Yea. Im hoping this is just a fluke. So like I said I'll send it back for a replacement and hopefully the replacement will be up to spec. I'm really just hoping the return can be executed quickly.

MaxLZR

Yea. Im hoping this is just a fluke. So like I said I'll send it back for a replacement and hopefully the replacement will be up to spec. I'm really just hoping the return can be executed quickly.

Hi Richard,

Few things to check. First of all what battery are you using? 400mW green will draw up to 2A from the battery and some "2600mAh ultrafire" will not do. Can you measure the current? Secoundly please remove the focus head and let the beam expend to its maxinum to check if there are any mode hopping. Lastly how long did you run for the test? Can you tell me the temperature in New York? The crystal is sensitive to temperature so it may need some warm up before it do its best job. I turn on your laser for 1 minute before I record the cert. I am using 2600mAh battery from sanyo for the test.

If you did everything and it doesn't helps. Feel free to return the laser and I'll see what's going on. Please don't worry I am sure I will make every transaction perfect. Have a nice day.

Max,

Last edited:

Hi Richard,

Few things to check. First of all what battery are you using? 400mW green will draw up to 2A from the battery and some "2600mAh ultrafire" will not do. Can you measure the current? Secoundly please remove the focus head and let the beam expend to its maxinum to check if there are any mode hopping. Lastly how long did you run for the test? Can you tell me the temperature in New York? The crystal is sensitive to temperature so it may need some warm up before it do its best job. I turn on your laser for 1 minute before I record the cert. I am using 2600mAh battery from sanyo for the test.

If you did everything and it doesn't helps. Feel free to return the laser and I'll see what's going on. Please don't worry I am sure I will make every transaction perfect. Have a nice day.

Max,

I tried 4 different fully charged batteries all protected.
ultrafire 2400mAh
tenergy 2400mAh
Sanyo 2600mAh
AW 2600mAh

I removed the focusing head to take some of the LPM measurements and I was getting the same readings. I also checked for any mode hopping and it looked like there was some, the dot itself was TEM00 but there was some shifting around the outside.

I ran several tests the longest one being a minute.

The temperature of the room I tested it in is between 65-75 degrees F and I made sure to let the laser itself warm up to room temp before doing the testing.

Unfortunately I don't have my multimeter.

I appreciate you responding here to give me some tips but unfortunately I had already tried most of them.
I did as much as I could before coming to the conclusion that I just got unlucky with a low spec laser. I don't blame you or anything like that. I know these things happen.

UPDATE- Ok things have gone from bad to worse
The laser has now stopped working completely. I figured I would give it one more try to see if it magically shot up 230mW and this time it turned on for about 5-7 seconds and then went dark. I tried turning it off and then on but still nothing. This was while using a sanyo battery. I put in one of my fully charged AW 18650's and still nothing, no 532 no IR. I have already made an RMA request so we'll see what happens from here. Max seems very helpful so I don't think an exchange will be a problem and in my opinion that is one of the most important qualities a business can have. It's important to help a customer before AND after a purchase has been made. I will keep this thread updated with everything that happens.

MaxLZR

UPDATE- Ok things have gone from bad to worse
The laser has now stopped working completely. I figured I would give it one more try to see if it magically shot up 230mW and this time it turned on for about 5-7 seconds and then went dark. I tried turning it off and then on but still nothing. This was while using a sanyo battery. I put in one of my fully charged AW 18650's and still nothing, no 532 no IR. I have already made an RMA request so we'll see what happens from here. Max seems very helpful so I don't think an exchange will be a problem and in my opinion that is one of the most important qualities a business can have. It's important to help a customer before AND after a purchase has been made. I will keep this thread updated with everything that happens.

Please contact us on sales@lazerer.com to follow up the return procedure. Sorry for the trouble. Have a nice day.

Max,