Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ISO Quality Purple Laser Pointer/Handheld Laser

You would need at least 600+mw of 405 to even get a visible beam in low light conditions. Fog/Smoke will lower the power requirement, while ambient light will increase it. Overall it's a little too dangerous to take something like that to a festival unless you really know what you're doing with it. Even then there's the risk of it getting confiscated by security.

600mW's of 405nm is the last thing I'd want to see someone using(professional or not) at a festival. Too many things can happen.

-Alex

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm in Florida... why?

It's helps us answer your questions. We can direct you to sources, companies, members with LPM's and many other things.

@ Alex, that's it exactly "too many things can happen"!

Last edited:
Ahh... So an easily visible purple colored laser, even at nights, is not really feasible?

As someone pointed out purple diode lasers don't exist. What your are looking at is a *violet laser. Violet appears dim to the eye, even class 4 appears dim. The beam appears dim that is. The spot will apprear bright though. A blue laser would work better, but to be visible it would have to be a high class 3 or class 3b - class 4. But class 3b - class 4 can cause serious instant eye damage if the eye receives a direct hit or specular reflection. These may seem like innocent toys but they are not.

* You didn't read the specifications.

Last edited:
If I were taking a laser to a festival, I would be leaving it in the car. It wouldn't even come out at the festival. So many things to go wrong, you lose it and someone else starts shining it at people, you "accidentally" shine it at someone and they get mad. The list goes on an on.

diachi

The same stuff people use a red or green one for at a music festival, but purple is my favorite color. :p

Sorry about the font, I was trying to make it readable on this charcoal background. I find the basic font to be a bit difficult to read in my current viewing situation, but that may just be me :)

What sort of stuff to people use a red or green pointer for at a music festival?

Really not a good idea to bring a high powered laser, or perhaps any laser, to a music festival.

Also, please do not multi-post, use the multiquote button to respond to multiple people.

Last edited:
What sort of stuff to people use a red or green pointer for at a music festival?

Really not a good idea to bring a high powered laser, or perhaps any laser, to a music festival.

Also, please do not multi-post, use the multiquote button to respond to multiple people.

Well it might be just like at a firework show diachi, many people bring lasers to shine them after the show where a beam can easily be visible! Actually, on almost every firework show I've been too someone had a laser to shine into the sky which is pretty neat! Someone had a violet one at the 4th of July holiday but you could barely see the beam from the side. The 532nm's are much better obviously.

I would assume people bring lasers at festivals to shine whenever smoke is present :)

-Alex

If formatting is really this important in this forum, I will just see myself out. It's pretty annoying that you have now commented on here twice to criticize my formatting, with no useful information.

diachi

This is pretty accurate. I tend to like to sit around the fire with my peeps, fucking around with the smoke and shit.

Edit: Actually, never mind. Still sounds like a bad idea. Don't want a repeat of burning man.

Good source would be Sanwu Lasers or LaserBTB - both good sites. Closest you'll get to purple is a violet 405nm laser - but you need a dangerous amount of power to get any sort of visibility with those. Blue (typically 445nm,450nm) is brighter, and then green is brighter again (520nm, 532nm).

Again, I think this is a bad idea. If you use any of that information and someone gets hurt, you were warned.

Oh and, watch your language on here too. Bad etiquette, as is your formatting and disregard after being asked to change your formatting in future. :whistle: I'm Scottish and swear like a sailor in real life, but keep it to a minimum here.

Last edited: