Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ISO: >1W 532nm WL Krypton

Hi all,

Title says it all. If you have one you're willing to part with, please let me know :)

*must* be DPSS, not 520nm direct diode. Just a personal preference 😉

Thanks!

Not sure what specifically you want out of your laser, but you can get a jetlasers ple-pro 800mW 532nm that often runs at 1W for $460 brand new. You can even get it with the button that changes modes like wicked lasers.

Encap

Not sure what specifically you want out of your laser, but you can get a jetlasers ple-pro 800mW 532nm that often runs at 1W for $460 brand new. You can even get it with the button that changes modes like wicked lasers.

THey show those one the web site for very reasonable prices all things considered. They were double that price 1.5 to 2 years or so ago.

Here is a test of a JetLasers 800mW, PL-E Pro 800mW 532nm green laser hiting a peak above 1W and running at 930 mW after beng run for 3 minutes on. High quality excellent , no BS product.

Hi all,

Title says it all. If you have one you're willing to part with, please let me know :)

*must* be DPSS, not 520nm direct diode. Just a personal preference 😉

Thanks!

While not shown on the jetLasers web site they will make you a 1W 532 PL-E PRo that typically will run a 1100+mW peak
Just email Gray at JetLasers and ask.

Here is a JetLasers video of test of one running over 1W after 4.5 minutes continuous on runtime.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Wow that is a very good price for 1W 532nm. I was mostly looking for a Krypton because of its expanded lens kits - particularly the line and cross effects (and just nostalgia). I also prefer the S3 host over JL's PL-E host, but that's a smaller concern. Switchable power levels is nice to have, but I've heard that the mechanical clicky switch is the way to go with JL's lasers

Snecho

And also that Hwang is a WL nut like me :ROFLMAO:(y)

I'm sure you know a DPSS 1W Krypton is a very tall order though. Probably similar to DL 589nm Spartans in rarity now that they're gone

Might be easier to get an Arctic (preferably broken), and a jetlasers ple-pro pro, then send it to someone like lifetime17 to put the green module in the S3 host. He might even be able to salvage the driver but I wouldn't count on it.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Original DPSS Krypton's will be hard to come across now. Also WL were typically underspec too just so you are aware. JetLasers will give a lot more for your money. There was a 750mW Krypton for sale on here not too long ago.

Yeah, I'm aware. I've been trying to buy that one from Ed for awhile now actually, but it seems to have fallen through since he isn't replying to my PM's. So I'm back on the hunt

And yeah, I've been considering sourcing a 532nm module and dropping it into a S3 host. I haven't torn apart a G2 (SmartSwitch-equipped) S3 host before, only the original Arctic/Spyder III Pro hosts. Not sure how much has changed with the addition of the SmartSwitch driver and host revisions and whatnot

Yeah, I'm aware. I've been trying to buy that one from Ed for awhile now actually, but it seems to have fallen through since he isn't replying to my PM's. So I'm back on the hunt

And yeah, I've been considering sourcing a 532nm module and dropping it into a S3 host. I haven't torn apart a G2 (SmartSwitch-equipped) S3 host before, only the original Arctic/Spyder III Pro hosts. Not sure how much has changed with the addition of the SmartSwitch driver and host revisions and whatnot
From what I know, the worst part is they are filled with thermal paste which is annoying. Other than that a laser is a laser. Some custom machining may be required for the heatsink, but that's where sending it to someone like lifetime17 would help.

Encap

There is a Krypton w. all accessories on eBAy for $475. Might be worth asking the seller what wavelength and what output power if you are interested. See: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wicked-Han...486191?hash=item1f0b0e816f:g:HXcAAOSwR-9eQNPL

Re; JetLaser PL-E 532nm--you would be much better off for many reasons with one of thiose--higher output, better build quality, better host quality.
Are you aware those press fit WL hosts which that are nearly impossible to take apart to repair anything inside only cost WL $15 --they look good but are low quality mass produced pressfit and glue hosts--the 532nm version had an OK module made by CNI however.

Last edited:
Yeah, I messaged the eBay seller but they did not respond on 532nm vs 520nm or what power level it is at

And yea, while I have not personally owned a JL laser myself, I've taken apart WL lasers before and am aware of their press fit + thermal paste as a glue methods. Not great, but personally I do think the S3 host design is one of my all time favorites. It's not too busy (like the PL-E Pro imo) but not plain either (looking at you, DL Spartan). But mostly, I want the host for its adaptability to different sets of lenses, particularly the line and cross effects. AFAIK, no one else is making lens sets for their laser hosts like WL did/does. Perhaps a tip to Gray over at JL could change the tide... they have to fit that 10X BE on there somehow anyways. Adjustable operation modes/powers with the SmartSwitch is nifty, if not terribly necessary, but sort of like icing on the cake. I can't think of any other lasers out there that support lens caps AND feature adjustable modes and output powers

Encap

Yeah, I messaged the eBay seller but they did not respond on 532nm vs 520nm or what power level it is at

And yea, while I have not personally owned a JL laser myself, I've taken apart WL lasers before and am aware of their press fit + thermal paste as a glue methods. Not great, but personally I do think the S3 host design is one of my all time favorites. It's not too busy (like the PL-E Pro imo) but not plain either (looking at you, DL Spartan). But mostly, I want the host for its adaptability to different sets of lenses, particularly the line and cross effects. AFAIK, no one else is making lens sets for their laser hosts like WL did/does. Perhaps a tip to Gray over at JL could change the tide... they have to fit that 10X BE on there somehow anyways. Adjustable operation modes/powers with the SmartSwitch is nifty, if not terribly necessary, but sort of like icing on the cake. I can't think of any other lasers out there that support lens caps AND feature adjustable modes and output powers

Good luck with whatever you decide to get. (y)

THey show those one the web site for very reasonable prices all things considered. They were double that price 1.5 to 2 years or so ago.

Here is a test of a JetLasers 800mW, PL-E Pro 800mW 532nm green laser hiting a peak above 1W and running at 930 mW after beng run for 3 minutes on. High quality excellent , no BS product.

While not shown on the jetLasers web site they will make you a 1W 532 PL-E PRo that typically will run a 1100+mW peak
Just email Gray at JetLasers and ask.

Here is a JetLasers video of test of one running over 1W after 4.5 minutes continuous on runtime.

You can tell from the first video that the laser is likely mode hopping as the power level fluctuates 150 mW to 200 mW with that Ophir head. The second video uses an LPM that has such poor response time that you could never tell that the power level is fluctuating wildly. All things to consider when making a new DPSS laser purchase.

CCharbs

I think I may have what you're looking for but I'm not sure I made a post in BST check it out

Encap

I think I may have what you're looking for but I'm not sure I made a post in BST check it out
The member wanted an earlier version 532nm Kypton 1W+ and was a post from 1 year ago and it says specifically " *must* be DPSS, not 520nm direct diode." which you do not have--you have a 520nm direct diode version. Try eBay.

Not sure ... LOL right.

gazer101

The only reason I would ever be willing to buy any WL products anyway is if they were cheaper than me DIYing the same thing, which they never are :cautious: