Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is usps still crappy in status updates?

thats the one thing my country post is good at. i immediatly know when the package is in my country, can view when custums release the package and how much it will cost, and know that after the package is released i will get it in 1 or 2 days.

yrbBQYl.gif

Gee whiz, borgqueenx, ours does that too -- because at that point it's considered domestic mail. Whether we extend that service to people receiving our packages in other nations for non-expedited shipping services is another matter altogether.

Quite frankly, if someone sent something to me across the world from the Netherlands -- using one of the cheapest delivery services the country had to offer -- I wouldn't have my panties in a knot if they didn't roll out the red carpet in terms of tracking information from their website. I wouldn't expect the Netherlands Postal Service (or whatever it's called) to be providing me with the same service as people within the Netherlands. That's just dumb.

So get over yourself and stop bitching about service you're not entitled to. You didn't pay extra for faster service, and still got your international package in about a week. That's pretty damn good! If you want the privilege of timely updates, go pay a global parcel company like FedEx or DHL to ship your packages. You didn't; so knock your petty expectations and sanctimonious comparisons down a notch.

im being a bitch about lazy people who doesnt scan my packages, and sometimes they do.
Nothing more nothing less.
im not complaining about transition time in overall.

If you send through cheapest from NL to where-ever, you get no tracking. just ~8 dollar more you get tracking wich works with every scan and location until its put on the plane.
Same with fedex, ups and DHL i have done. and DHL from china is less expensive then USPS. fedex from america isnt even that more expensive.

they all scan when they have to.

usps is being a lazy ass in tracking and scanning.
thats what got my worried a little bit and curious if usps had chanced.

im being a bitch about lazy people who doesnt scan my packages, and sometimes they do.
Nothing more nothing less.
im not complaining about transition time in overall.

It's not laziness, rather it's that the status of an international package like that does not need to be updated that frequently, and that USPS is not obligated to do so either for that parcel class. As far as the USPS is concerned, after it hits the initial shipping facility where it got initially scanned, it's on its way and will arrive sometime in the next 1-2 weeks. There's nothing more to it because that's all the customer paid for. Whether your package is in some certain city, or on the plane, or waiting in customs is just extra "nice" information they just happen to provide. UPS and FedEx keep things up-to-date mostly as lip-service to their customers. Yeah, people like it, but it doesn't make their packages arrive any sooner.

As for USPS, if someone happens to update the tracking information, good for you, but they're not obligated to keep the tracking information up-to-date. They probably have better things to do than supply nominally useless information on foreign-destined packages at cheap parcel rates. In the past they actually charged extra for that service, and you got it for free.

If you send through cheapest from NL to where-ever, you get no tracking. just ~8 dollar more you get tracking wich works with every scan and location until its put on the plane.
Same with fedex, ups and DHL i have done. and DHL from china is less expensive then USPS. fedex from america isnt even that more expensive.

That's just it though, you still got some form of tracking. You did not, however, pay for the more special expedited services that provide better tracking information for those people who really care about that (honestly, who cares if it's in Chicago or Denver? It doesn't make it arrive faster). If you don't like that, tell the person selling you something from here to pay for the extra service if you really want to have up-to-date tracking, or use a different service provider.

But don't think that you're entitled to awesome tracking service if you haven't paid for it. People send stuff via USPS because it's cheap and easy to use. It also has some tracking, even if it's not as awesome as other services. Even domestically, USPS's tracking is slow, but their delivery is fast (2-day priority mail), has a much wider distribution range, and is cheap which makes up the difference. But remember that USPS isn't losing customers because foreign recipients aren't having their tracking info updated frequently, so don't expect all too much on your end.