Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this worth the money

ZRTMWA

That's about $75 USD right? On o-like.com you can get a 50mW greenie for somewhat cheaper. www.0-like.com--product

The advantages I can see in the ebay sale is that he is located in the UK which means faster shipping if you are too.

"Lab style" usually means the laser has a regulated power supple and looks something like this: Green Laser Pointers, Super Laser Pointers Sale , although that website is way overpriced and is not mentioned on Laser Pointer Forums. So in this instance "lab style" means nothing.

I also think the <3 second start up could come in handy as a safety feature so it doesn't go off accidently. But "<3" could mean it turns on instantly as well.

Get one off olike and there are no Uk laser laws so if customs do find it they cant take it.

madmax

Do you not think its better to pay a little bit more to get an item for a little bit more, but know its from your country and that any problems will be solved quickly insted of talking to some chinese guy?

Grix

No, it's the other way around. With O-like, you know that you will get quick and good customer service, but with some fishy ebay guy that sells overpriced lasers you would be risking your money if there is a problem with the laser. Buy from O-like.

madmax

Would i be able to modify the o-like laser at a later point if i wanted?

Low-Q

Would i be able to modify the o-like laser at a later point if i wanted?
They use probably the same pump diode and drivers in various powers. Probably this laser new style 550mW portable green laser IR filtered£­>250~500mw Portable green laser£­>Laser&lighting products£­>www.0-like.com has the same driver and diode as this one Green laser(filtered) 250mW£­>250~500mw Portable green laser£­>Laser&lighting products£­>www.0-like.com. Save $330 by turning the potentiometer on the driver board yourself ;) Hopefully the 50mW have headroom for going beyond 100mW without risk of damaging the diode.

madmax

Iv posted an offer to the guy, if he does not accept it ill order an o-like tomorrow

madmax

Glad i waited, it turns out this guy had a few lasers left over from a bit of a multi-buy that went a little wrong (not on this forum) and said he was just trying to make a few $$$ for christmas anyway ebay have taken is listing off and he has offered me one for 35GBP including postage which is a good price i think for something thats comming from the UK... hopefully it should be here in the morning

If any1 else is interested if you pm me ill give you his email im sure he would welcome any other buyers lol

madmax

w00t new laser is here, very impressed i want a 200mw now though lol, I have only ahd like 5mw ebay lasers this it in another world compared to it...

At <50mw I don't think so. Nice buy, if your happy with it, then it will do! If you ever want quality lasers that have nice divergence and stable or overspec performance your best bet is to go with o-like. You maybe paying more with the current seller, but you are not getting anywhere near 50mw of 532nm output. O-like will give you a print out of the power output of your laser and more then likely it is up to spec or overspec. I'm trying to say, you may pay $x for a 50mw green but might be getting a 70-80mw for a lower price. So the convince factor doesn't really play a role in this, unless your uber lazy/anxious.

Peace –Adrian