Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this the TEC?

Hey LPF,

I've noticed that when running my 447nm labby the head tends to get a little mild to the touch and not as cold as the 532nm or 655nm systems I have.

The head works fine, but I was wondering. Is this heat I feel the TEC pushing head away? Aren't all labbys 100% duty cycle? :)

-Alex

ARG

On most lab lasers I've had only the internals are cooled, and the case is used as the heat sink. I wouldn't consider it abnormal for the case to be warm to the touch.

Is it warm or hot? Warm is fine as ARG stated.
The beam/dot on the 447nm, is it nice and round or is it rectangular like 445nm hand held lasers?

Is it warm or hot? Warm is fine as ARG stated.
The beam/dot on the 447nm, is it nice and round or is it rectangular like 445nm hand held lasers?

It's not very warm. It's neither hot or cold, just dosent feel either haha.

The dot looks circular. Nothing like a rectangle like my 655 :)

Plus, inside the aperture seems to be optics, my 655 dosent have those.

-Alex

Hey guys,

Adam told me all of the lab lasers have collomating lenses, but my 655nm still has a rectangular dot. What? I thought collomating lenses made it round?

-Alex

well at least it's divergence is no where close to being horrible like my Oclaro 700mw... after 100 meter it is no longer a laser....it turn into a red laser with a line filter on it.

well at least it's divergence is no where close to being horrible like my Oclaro 700mw... after 100 meter it is no longer a laser....it turn into a red laser with a line filter on it.

Haha, that's not good!

I did some research and read some 447nm diodes can still be circular up to a certain point, then they become a "rectangle". Is this true? So 100mW's of 447nm can still be a circle?

-Alex

The shape of the dot is determined by the shape of the emitter. The collimating lens has nothing to do with it. As the name suggests, the collimating lens simply collimates the beam.