Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this symptom a laser driver issue ?

diachi

I thought you meant two of the same posts back to back, I'm sorry but when you have more than one person asking you questions and all at the same time bad etiquette or not it's the only way to stay caught up.....

If two people ask me a question back to back that would mean to keep from double posting I could only answer one of them and I would have to wait for someone to post before I could answer the second question ?

I don't like to address more than one person in a single post and instead prefer to address each person individually....

Use the multiquote button next to the quote button to reply to multiple people.

Oh, the irony. Accutronitis, you disregarded or misunderstood what Diachi was trying to tell you. You can edit your post so that you don't have two or more posts back to back, as he said it's considered poor etiquette for this forum.

You can address each person individually in one post, that's what multiquote is there for. It's the button to the right of of "quote".

Edit: He beat me to it!

Last edited:
`How do you use it ?

Oh I think I just fig it out, you click mutiquote on each person and then quote on the last person, Correct ?

Last edited:

Oh, the irony. Accutronitis, you disregarded or misunderstood what Diachi was trying to tell you. You can edit your post so that you don't have two or more posts back to back, as he said it's considered poor etiquette for this forum.

You can address each person individually in one post, that's what multiquote is there for. It's the button to the right of of "quote".

I didn't disregard or misunderstand, That's just not my idea of "individually" but i'll start trying to use multiquote But please cut me a little slack while I'm learning how to use it.....

Last edited:

I think I got it....

You can enter text in between quotes too.

See?
like this ?

I think I got it....

like this ?
Yep I got it lol.....

I think I got it....

like this ?

Yep I got it lol.....
You sure do lol.....

I think I got it....

like this ?

Yep I got it lol.....

You sure do lol.....
poor etiquette terminated !

Last edited:
I have a X-drive V-7 Fixed 1100mA coming for it and we see what that does for it.......

I have a X-drive V-7 Fixed 1100mA coming for it and we see what that does for it.......

See, that's irresponsible.

You've asked us for help, many of use have provided instruction, much of it you have ignored, and done your own thing anyway.

You said you don't want to spend more money than you have to on this, then why did you buy a new driver without verifying the driver was faulty?

See, that's irresponsible.

You've asked us for help, many of use have provided instruction, much of it you have ignored, and done your own thing anyway.

You said you don't want to spend more money than you have to on this, then why did you buy a new driver without verifying the driver was faulty?

That's not at all true, What about all this ?

I'd probably blame that shit-tier looking driver... Looks like one of those cheap eBay drivers.

Probably at least 1 amp for a 445nm around that power. Look up the datasheet for your particular diode to be sure.

Don't get a sketchy one from China if you want decent performance. Use a test load and DMM to adjust before connecting the LD if you want to avoid damage.

Feels like a broken record in here...

I'd put money on it being that low quality driver (as I've already said). Measure the voltage across the diode when running, tell us what that's doing, if that's dropping then that would point to the driver, seeing as we've apparently ruled out batteries. That or something weird is going on with the LD but that seems much less likely.

The other option is (as I've already said) is to swap the driver and see if the issue persists.

That was a lot of great advice and I agree with them soooooo.......

From the info you provided it seems.. like diachi surmised.. It is
probably your Driver...

You WILL need a DMM to test current. A Laser Diode is a Current
device like an LED. It output is regulated by the current through
the device.

You don't need to spend big bucks to get a DMM to simple Voltage
and current tests up to ~10 Amps. eBay sells cheap DMMs that
we even use in the shop for quick and dirty tests. For precise
testing we use a more expensive Fluke.
Here's a DMM that is surely in your budget....
Mini LCD Digital Multimeter with Buzzer Voltage Ampere Meter Test Probe DC AC

Glad you finally figured out how to use tghe [MULTIQUOTE] tab.

Jerry

Last edited:
From the info you provided it seems.. like diachi surmised.. It is
probably your Driver...

You WILL need a DMM to test current. A Laser Diode is a Current
device like an LED. It output is regulated by the current through
the device.

You don't need to spend big bucks to get a DMM to simple Voltage
and current tests up to ~10 Amps. eBay sells cheap DMMs that
we even use in the shop for quick and dirty tests. For precise
testing we use a more expensive Fluke.
Here's a DMM that is surely in your budget....
Mini LCD Digital Multimeter with Buzzer Voltage Ampere Meter Test Probe DC AC

Glad you finally figured out how to use tghe [MULTIQUOTE] tab.

Jerry
I bought a "X-drive V6 1100mA Fixed" would I need to adjust it ? or could I even adjust a fixed driver ?

Update - I've just been informed there are no adjustments to be made because the driver if fixed ! :na:

Newest Update - It was the driver ! With a new x-drive mini install and laser rewired for neg ground there is no more power drop out at all, Now it's solid as a rock ! Thanks to the people who helped me with a answers I needed !

Last edited: