Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this laser can be fixed?

Hello there I got my second laser from rayfoss months ago and it wasn't working either and i didn't ship it back or take my money back from rayfoss.

I was just too busy and unwilling to do it after the two broken laser i received :(

I took some photos of the laser is it possible to repair it or should I send it to rayfoss again but I'm not sure if they replace or refund it.
This is the replacement of this laser http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/new-rayfoss-350mw-laser-pointer-rf532-350mw-fgb-50479.html

DSC03545.jpg

DSC03553.jpg

DSC03555.jpg

Last edited:

That is a dead pump diode. It can be replaced. It will take some $$ for a new diode as well as some time and patience to align the crystals.
It shouldn't be too hard though, since it looks like a single bonded crystal set.

How was the crystal attached?
I don't see any mount for it.

That is a dead pump diode. It can be replaced. It will take some $$ for a new diode as well as some time and patience to align the crystals.
It shouldn't be too hard though, since it looks like a single bonded crystal set.

How was the crystal attached?
I don't see any mount for it.
It was glued :D(It was supposed to be it wasn't alligned when it got here)
Then I should send it to rayfoss for repair or replacement since I'vent any knowledge of repairing a laser and haven't any parts to do it.

Well, guess what dude! You're in the same boat as I am. I've had my rayfoss laser replaced three times and it still doesn't perform the way it should perform. I've disassembled my laser once after it stopped working to see what the problem was. You see that tiny faint purple colored light? Well, that is your IR pump diode emitting 808 nm of IR light. That golden cylindrical block in the pick next to your laser is the crystals assembly. I highly doubt that you could perform the repair yourself because the IR pump diode might have already been damaged (from experience) and the crystals need to be perfectly aligned with the IR output and calibrated in a certain way. What happened with me is that I got some very dark red light (IR) coming out of the laser when it was in the same situation as yours is in right now but then started to faint and then vanished completely. I had to return the laser dismantled and rayfoss charged me 30 bucks for repair. I've lost my bet with rayfoss and I really think you should ask for a refund before it's too late...
Just a sincere word of advice from me: Save up and get yourself a high quality laser. These cheap lasers really do end up costing you more than paying for a more expensive high quality laser on the long run. I really hope you take my advice and make the right choice. Good luck!

Well, guess what dude! You're in the same boat as I am. I've had my rayfoss laser replaced three times and it still doesn't perform the way it should perform. I've disassembled my laser once after it stopped working to see what the problem was. You see that tiny faint purple colored light? Well, that is your IR pump diode emitting 808 nm of IR light. That golden cylindrical block in the pick next to your laser is the crystals assembly. I highly doubt that you could perform the repair yourself because the IR pump diode might have already been damaged (from experience) and the crystals need to be perfectly aligned with the IR output and calibrated in a certain way. What happened with me is that I got some very dark red light (IR) coming out of the laser when it was in the same situation as yours is in right now but then started to faint and then vanished completely. I had to return the laser dismantled and rayfoss charged me 30 bucks for repair. I've lost my bet with rayfoss and I really think you should ask for a refund before it's too late...
Just a sincere word of advice from me: Save up and get yourself a high quality laser. These cheap lasers really do end up costing you more than paying for a more expensive high quality laser on the long run. I really hope you take my advice and make the right choice. Good luck!
Yes, I think I'm going to buy Opto165-Portable If rayfoss refunds me.
Customer service is good but product quality(as I experienced two times) is just crap.Sorry for your bad experience too.I really understand you.

Yes, I think I'm going to buy Opto165-Portable If rayfoss refunds me.
Customer service is good but product quality(as I experienced two times) is just crap.Sorry for your bad experience too.I really understand you.

We are EXACTLY in the same situation here hehe. I also think the same thing about rayfoss: They have good customer service but sell shit products. And no matter how many times they will replace or fix your laser, you will NEVER get one that is better than the other...
I am hoping Faona will let me replace my laser with probably a red and a violet laser as they are diode lasers and not DPSS lasers, so they should stand up against the test of time...
Either way, I am also saving up for an Opto 200-Portable, which can be upgraded to a more powerful version if wanted in the future. Thats basically what seperates Optotronics from other good laser companies such as Nova lasers, Dragonlasers, Laserglow, CNI etc...

I hope she will accept a refund after having replaced it twice. She wouldn't refund me my money back just before the last time I got my laser replaced, so common sense says that she wont refund your money either. If that's the case, then we are brothers lol. What you could do in that case is what I've been trying to do but the members on here wouldn't trust me (hope it wont be the same case with you), which is have your laser replaced by one or more diode lasers that you can then sell brand new in the BST section. You can read my posts regarding my situation and I sure hope the same doesn't happen to you...
Once again, Good luck!

We are EXACTLY in the same situation here hehe. I also think the same thing about rayfoss: They have good customer service but sell shit products. And no matter how many times they will replace or fix your laser, you will NEVER get one that is better than the other...
I am hoping Faona will let me replace my laser with probably a red and a violet laser as they are diode lasers and not DPSS lasers, so they should stand up against the test of time...
Either way, I am also saving up for an Opto 200-Portable, which can be upgraded to a more powerful version if wanted in the future. Thats basically what seperates Optotronics from other good laser companies such as Nova lasers, Dragonlasers, Laserglow, CNI etc...

I hope she will accept a refund after having replaced it twice. She wouldn't refund me my money back just before the last time I got my laser replaced, so common sense says that she wont refund your money either. If that's the case, then we are brothers lol. What you could do in that case is what I've been trying to do but the members on here wouldn't trust me (hope it wont be the same case with you), which is have your laser replaced by one or more diode lasers that you can then sell brand new in the BST section. You can read my posts regarding my situation and I sure hope the same doesn't happen to you...
Once again, Good luck!
Yeah, maybe she won't refund me but anyway sooner or later I will get opto165 and will update it to 200 or 420mw by the time.That's really cool feature to update your laser and optotronics is one of the best laser company on the market.Btw this is the first laser she replaced other one is original one.
I did read your post and I trust you :)
People just don't want broken laser to buy but they already know it that it has problems before buying it so there is no problem with it I think.Thanks If she don't refunds me I will sell the replaced laser I think or will get two dpss lasers like you said and sell.
Goodluck to you too :)
This is the mail I sent to Faona.

Hello,
I bought this laser from you on April 19 www.rayfoss.com.
It was dimmed after minutes and I sent it back to you so you replaced it with new one but new one wasn't working at all.
It is waiting since then in my closet and I think I will send it to you soon for replacement or refunding.I prefer refunding if you can.
I really like you and trust you Faona but the quality of products of Rayfoss at the moment is not good as I experienced.That's why I prefering refunding.
Please contact me as soon as possible.I did pay 385 USD to this laser and I swear to god I couldn't use it longer than 5 minutes.
Please understandme.
Take care.

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe she won't refund me but anyway sooner or later I will get opto165 and will update it to 200 or 420mw by the time.That's really cool feature to update your laser and optotronics is one of the best laser company on the market.Btw this is the first laser she replaced other one is original one.
I did read your post and I trust you :)
People just don't want broken laser to buy but they already know it that it has problems before buying it so there is no problem with it I think.Thanks If she don't refunds me I will sell the replaced laser I think or will get two dpss lasers like you said and sell.
Goodluck to you too :)
This is the mail I sent to Faona.

Hello,
I bought this laser from you on April 19 www.rayfoss.com.
It was dimmed after minutes and I sent it back to you so you replaced it with new one but new one wasn't working at all.
It is waiting since then in my closet and I think I will send it to you soon for replacement or refunding.I prefer refunding if you can.
I really like you and trust you Faona but the quality of products of Rayfoss at the moment is not good as I experienced.That's why I prefering refunding.
Please contact me as soon as possible.I did pay 385 USD to this laser and I swear to god I couldn't use it longer than 5 minutes.
Please understandme.
Take care.

Thanks and good luck to you too!