Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this green laser good?

I think the people who made the spec are just a plain of noob.

Also the shopkeeper at the retailer shop herself says that the 200mW one can burn.

it might burn but that doesn't mean it is 200mW, not to mention half the output could be IR and it might burn up close. If it is a shop ask to compare your laser to the new one.

If they are noobs making the specs, what makes you think they aren't noobs making the laser? I have a very strong suspicion that all of those newwish style pointers are exactly the same.

And not to be mean or anything, but of course she is going to say it burns, she wants you to buy it!

Even 50mW will burn if it is focused correctly, though those pens are most likely not, and have horrible divergence. It may burn, and it may be bright, but it is NOT 200mW. If its only a few bucks then go for it, but if its more that $40 and thats pushing it, then just look elsewhere...

it might burn but that doesn't mean it is 200mW, not to mention half the output could be IR and it might burn up close. If it is a shop ask to compare your laser to the new one.

If they are noobs making the specs, what makes you think they aren't noobs making the laser? I have a very strong suspicion that all of those newwish style pointers are exactly the same.

And not to be mean or anything, but of course she is going to say it burns, she wants you to buy it!

Lolx,you may be right.:yh:
Now it makes me want to think again whether want to buy those laser or not.:thinking:

Can someone give me link to a 'true' 200mW green laser spec for me to compare with this green laser spec?

But if you spend the cash now, you won't regret it :D

125mW of pure nicely culminated green is a sight to see!

Thats what I thought, I don't think there is a 532nm diode but there are diodes around that wavelength.

Can you even buy a green diode at the moment? I haven't seen a spec sheet or price sheet with a green diode on there yet. I think its still in a research stage and they are not being mass produced yet.