Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this a good laser?

jh1193

So the 50mw laser you got from rayfoss was able to pop baloons? Light matches? Melt plastic?

Yes, look up styropyro on youtube, there you will find your answer to wat certain mW can do.

jh1193

Well im really using it because my friends and I camp on opposite mountains sometimes and i can see their campfire and want to see if they can see my laser since he has a way nice one he made. He always boasts his around so i want to show him up and his usually cant light matches. Also want a way to start a fire thats windproof without matches.

jh1193

He says 150mw but i dont believe him since it wont light most matches. Thanks for recommending the rayfoss laser it will be in my collection soon. When I get it ill let you know how it goes if you want.

SO im looking for another green laser and happened upon this one. Is it true 50mw? And 50mw, even focusable cant burn right? Should i buy this laser or not? I just want a kinda cheap green laser with good output.
DealExtreme: $31.90 Focusable 50mW Green Laser Pointer with Safety Key Lock (1*18650 Included)

sorry if url doesnt work im new here.

I am kind of new to LPF and PF, have a (look out below) Arctic G2 coming and Steve emailed me today, its coming. And some cheapies. Budgetgadgets, 200mw 6xx--burns good pretty close to spec, 200mw 532nm from GadgetTown, way under spec. FocalPrice.com ships to US, pretty fast, have to be careful, very inexpensive, free ship, free air over 30US. Have A140 and A130 to build, looking at drives and hosts. If you want a heck of a deal for beginners, buy this on ebay, way over spec and cheap. Green and Blue/Violet Laser Pointer Combo SALE US SHIP - eBay (item 120590001513 end time Aug-28-10 11:33:09 PDT)

A 405 aaa pen and a 532 pen for about 16US, way over spec. Have fun, be careful, lasers can make you blind in one eye and can't see out of the other:cryyy: Good luck,

jh1193

Im going with a portable laser not a laser pen. Plus ive bought a pen off e-bay and wont anymore. I dont much like getting ripped off.

Srry for the late response, i fell asleep lol.

150 mW should be able to light black and other dark colored matches easily. 100 mW will also be able to do that. Having said that, if it is focused incorrectly, it will not be able to light any matched. Again, look up styropyro on youtube. He really helped me when i bought my rayfoss, as far as what mW

jh1193

Thanks Runner I just saw that video. I want to go with 150mw but 100mw will suffice. I think ill savehigh power for the spartan 1watt. And probably get a 200mw red.

Is there a similar green one on another website for a similar price then?

Sorry for the late response...it sounds like you already made a decision, but for what it's worth, I've had great experience with LEDShoppe (::: www.ledshoppe.com ::: The Greatest Online LED Shoppe Worldwide) They take Amex, free shipping, great prices (24.99 for a 50 mW green silver pen) and they all seem to be at or above spec. That said, I never tried to pop a sharpied balloon, but they've served their purpose (survived being enclosed in sweaty jeans and being dropped on the floor in clubs, outdoor dance parties in NYC etc.), and the beam is awesome (much brighter and thicker than the old Wicked Laser 5mW I had in the past, and LOTS cheaper).

Last edited: