Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

is this a good laser? take a look

yeah thats what ill do how are the batteries? last long or do they need to be charged a lot? and the cycle, whatst he limit to keep the laser on before you should turn it off so you don't blow it

I don't have a high powered red, but from being on here on the forum and reading what others post, the lower wave lengths burn better. Most of the red lasers are 650 nm and the newer 635 nm, a 405 nm (violet ) will burn better at the same mw's.

Do a little searching and reading and you will find your answers.

If you want it a little quicker Lazerer is a good choice, but it will still take at least 3 weeks to get.

Ash

A 200mW red (660nm) laser burns lke shit. It won't even smoke a match unless it's colored black with a pen (so it absorbs the energy). A bluray (405nm) laser will burn much better. It will even light a match at half the power (100mW).

Don't even think about burning with a laser without wearing safety glasses, you could cause permanent black dots in your vision faster than you can blink.

I notice there has been some doubt of what 200mW of 650nm can do, so I decided to make a video showing 200mW of focusable 650nm in action. I had proper goggles on, but did not have a second pair for the camera, so you will see a big red blob of light for approximately 4 and a half minutes. Enjoy!

Can you post some good links to a good burning laser that will do great at burning but it cheap price wise like 30-115

Ash

Is o-like.cok a good site is I reliable and does it do good with shipping?

Yes... dot cok :D

O-like is great, they ship fast, but it will be coming from China, so it will take a few weeks anyway.
When you get a laser, make sure you get the appropriate safety glasses for that color laser.
Green has the brightest beam.
Bluray will burn best.
Red is the cheapest.
Dark blue is the most dangerous.