Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is there anything good in this?

GSS

I got a ImageVault digital video recorder.
www.fireking.com/video-security

Quite a few PCU fans and wondering what else might be good inside before I tear it open?
I can't fine any info on the unit itself as far as any thing WL or diode related and being digital recording wouldn't think so?

Last edited:

Sophisticated, for my apartment, I use an inexpensive momentum camera which records to the cloud if movement detected.

GSS

A guy in my building works at 7-11 and it was remodeled so he salvaged all the original equipment and brought it to me. Cameras, battery powered backups, tons of wire etc, etc, and this finally the last thing I have. My apartment became a junk yard:rolleyes:
I know it was working so just curious:)

GSS

Coo, I like junk, that is GOOD junk.
3 of those really big plastic bins that have like a zipper fold top worth.
There were also 3 ACE.com or something backup power modules with lead cell battery.
Got tired of the stuff being in the way and got rid of it for $25 expect the Digital recorder and all the wires.
I didn't have the patients nor the knowledge to fine out what it all might of been worth.
Been slowly stripping the copper wire just for something to do and my arms and hands are sore as heck.
There was Dell monitor I took apart and played with some of the plastic sheets behind the screen for a second and it was kinda cool when I put it up to wall light and it showed just like a WL color chart. Wonder what I could try with that?

Last edited:
Camera systems have become inexpensive ( As long as you install them ) and much better quality, my outdoor security cams see a lot better in the dark than I do and come with a 1TB HD memory with 8 cams 1080p for 500 bucks and less now, 250.00 will get you 8 weatherproof 720p cams and a 1TB HD. Nice weatherproof cams too, but it's a lot cheaper to run separate audio, know your state law, I live in a 1 party consent state so I can audio record as evidence, some places where the thieves are thick, DC I bet, requires both parties consent. But there may be exceptions, still I thought I would mention it.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...tem.TRS0&_nkw=security+camera+system&_sacat=0

Last edited:

GSS

Yeah the HoneyWell bubble camera's I had were stupidly priced at over $100 each, I think when I looked a few weeks back.
On a different subject my building had these same camera's installed everywhere maby 5 years ago and iv'e heard they are aweful and on top of that trying to get to see any recordings if there happened to be a break in would take a months worth of paper work unless it was something horrific:undecided:
Red, iv'e thought of something simular for my place like the Harbor Freight units but I don't really keep much of my vavluables in the place I live now. It would be though a huge violation of my privacy knowing someone came in and it would piss me off fierce.
This thing I linked i'm just taking apart for the fun of it, no plan to use it but i'm curious what the 1 and 2 party consent means?

Last edited:
As I understood it you can record video openly, but to record audio for use as evidence or to post online/on air in some States you have to have both parties consent, in my State just my consent is enough for me to record audio and use it as evidence, but in some other States a person would need consent of the person being recorded......now I understand protecting privacy and there may be and often are some extenuating circumstances, but I'm not a lawyer, if recording with a hidden camera and audio or if your cameras are in plain view, but it varies State to State.

Here's a site that you can select a State and see, in Georgia it's 1 party, California it's 2 party. But for video if you have security cameras in plain view the video is usually ok.

https://www.palmvid.com/states-with-one-party-consent-for-audio-recording.html

Last edited:
Hey, Peter. I wouldn't just start tearing this stuff apart. It could be repurposed as digital recording can be used for more than just video. I would love for someone to dump all that stuff on my doorstep. It would be like Christmas for me. I would keep it all intact until you can learn more about it. Looks rather nice.

GSS

Yup, Paul I carefully just took the top cover off and I couldn't just yet dig into it knowing it's a working unit.
This "thing" was put together for a mission and with my lack of knowledge all I can say it is "busy" inside:eek::thinking:
I saw 5 different sized PCU fans and the big finned square and round AL sinks.
I thought of just sending some stuff to members but they all pretty heavy, and this unit alone is 50lbs.

Last edited:
Yeah, at 50 lbs, the shipping on that one unit would be ~$80.00, IIRC. It likely still has value, so if nothing else, you could try to sell it. I would first try to get it working, though. A working unit is worth more than an untested one. ;)