Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is their a (mostly) comprehensive list of laser diodes with pictures and data sheets?

snek

I mean one page with info on most of the popular laser diodes with a basic data sheet with output power, input voltage and current, wavelength at recommended current, dimensions, and other useful info. Pictures with different lenses of both the beam focused to infinity and of the laser dot would be extremely helpful for newbies like myself. If this does not already exist it would be a useful resource for someone to make, although it would probably require a lot of time and effort to get pics.

Side not that doesn't really warrant its own post: Does anyone know what the pointer DTR uses as a banner logo on his posts came from. Nice sky blue color looks like a 460-470 nm and it looks like a 9mm to me i'm just not sure which one.

Gazen

Last edited:
^^^THIS^^^ There have been many threads asking this question and the answer is a quick search away.

I'm pretty sure the diode in the picture in DTR's sig is one of the 490nm diodes with some smoke. A lot of cameras don't pick up the color 100% accurately.

This is a good representation of the color on my monitors

Though it's a bit luck of the draw which one you get, as color changes a lot over a very small part of the spectrum. These are all the same model of diode.

Last edited:
Yeah, having seen a lot of these diodes it is pretty amazing that in just 6-7nm change from lowest to highest this diode can look so very different. If you are buying from DTR and you get a low wavelength one it will look light blue, but a high one will be cyan and you don't need them side by side to tell which is which. Looks like you have 9 Sharp diodes in your signature from 480nm to 509nm. I could have sworn you got some of the 473nm to 480nm ones. That is where the 480nm came from, isn't it? Would look good to add the 473nm to it too.

Last edited:
Looks like you have 9 Sharp diodes in your signature from 480nm to 509nm. I could have sworn you got some of the 473nm to 480nm ones. That is where the 480nm came from, isn't it? Would look good to add the 473nm to it too.

Only 8*. The 485 is a PLT5-488 (which is still my favorite laser, at least for the color).

And yeah that's where the 480nm is from. You were the one who tested my 10 from that batch, after all :p I sold off the spares I had, I'd rather let them circulate in the hobby a bit then sit around.

Tempted to get a DPSS 473 but the 472 I have really makes it low priority. Next up on my list is getting the new yellows into portable builds. That said, there's also an unknown 473nm 3.8mm diode laserlands had their hands on that we somehow missed that I'm trying to find. Can't find anything on it... yet...

A TO-38 473nm diode? I never saw that. When was this and have you tried to contact Merry and ask if they have any more?

I think they showed up at the same time as the sharp diodes first popped up. I didn't yet, but I really should. Been putting a lot more effort into finding a part # (which isn't working out for me)

Tell us more about your heat sink and your eye ware..please.... btw drivers for these can be less than 5$.

pics ??

I think they showed up at the same time as the sharp diodes first popped up. I didn't yet, but I really should. Been putting a lot more effort into finding a part # (which isn't working out for me)

If you have any luck running these down, would you PM me with information about availability and price? I might be interested if they aren't some diode we already know about and need to over drive to get to that WL. :whistle: