Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is my O-like 400mw dead?

joeyss

:wtf: And you've spent 200 bucks for this laser,and now is dead, and you don't care? and you not give a damn?

You're rich? :D

That one was just $50 and the driver is still good so I could swap the diode . I'm po'd about this one however.

joeyss

I've tried a new 4.2 volt ultra fire and it has maybe only got a slight bit brighter. Still 5-10 mw at the most. I'm just going to send it in to O-like. I e-mailed them a few days ago and they gave me the address.

My 400mw torch... Just got it last week... is now dead. It never burned through a CD, lit 1 match - after A LOT of effort, and it had a tendency to not turn on every time.

I turned it on today, to see what it could do with waterproof lens off. It flickered for a second or two, and than just stopped. Tried putting in fresh battery... nothing.

not really on topic

after a LOT! of houres of run time mine is still mega bright.

now my question to InfinitusEquitas : do you have news from o-like?

I shipped the laser back to susie, and even though she claimed to not have gotten it (Fishy since I sent it with tracking and delivery confirmation, and it was delivered) she did agree to send out a replacement.

Replacement shipped out on the 30th and there haven't been any updates on tracking since, so hopefully the new one will be working and up to spec. I'm guessing earliest I might get it is next week, but I doubt it.

I do have an LPM now so I'll be able to test it with and without IR once I receive it.