Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is it just me who has one?

PSP27

Is it just me or does anyone else have a 2 in 1 laser pointer like the one below, 5mw Laser + LED Torch. If anyone does, can you post some images/vids of it please so I can get an idea of what it's like.

Thanks

Attachments

• d9kjzq4alppx4l0zp821_001.jpg
    d9kjzq4alppx4l0zp821_001.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 131

It will probably be what he said. ^^^. It won't really be that visable, you would need to burn stuff and be in the dark to see the beam.

And even then it won't be great. You can get someone to make a combination for you if you really want, but it won't be cheap.

I just tore apart one of those, doubtful its 5mw
Much smaller than a 12mm module, appears to be focusable but mine wont seem to budge
I got a couple of 4 packs from DX to play around with

Shoot wont let me post a link - too new not enough posts. Anyways I have a pic of the guts, its not much, but what can you expect for a buck?
Edit Cool that worked

Anyways there ya go lol

Attachments

• guts.JPG
    guts.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 147
I have one. It's a piece of crap. It died within a matter of minutes. I want my $2.38 back!

-Mark

I had one that I spent $1.99 on. It's batteries eventually died while I was at work, so since it costs less than a set of replacement batteries, I took it apart. By beating on it with an screw and using my flashlight as a hammer.

Good times, good times.

You can't find them at less than 15 € in europe. Think what would happen with a 5mW green in an Eu store.

Anyway, this thing is basicaly similar to a 5mW laser only two times more useful. Actually, just get a 5W cree led, it is brighter.

PSP27

Cool, thanks guys at least im not alone. :( Shame I can't mod it to make it brighter.

hah... i have a couple of those that I bought for like $2.48 each at the evil empire known as wal-mart... one looks like that, and one had an adjustable piece of metal sticking from the end with the led mounted in the tip and a magnet on the bottom of the case. Yeah, it'd be nice to make it brighter... but hey, still fun to play with. And I never actually imagined that I'd use the LED tip.. but I have several times!

Zom-B

I have one that has a working pen too just your regular ballpoint pen filling cut to less than an inch). From DX. It's batteries were empty in no time and the led consumes tons more than the laser itself. I took it apart and put it back together. Looks exactly the same as Tokudai's.

Switch

You can't find them at less than 15 [ch8364] in europe.

I bought mine with $2 :-/ It's chip diode and the module is probably glued in place after focusing.

Attachments

• matchfail_002.png
    matchfail_002.png
    260.9 KB · Views: 193