Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is HK post tracking number supposed to work ?

Rafa

Vacuum tubes? You should see my collection. :eg:
Do want!
I only have 7 tubes....
But I only paid for 2 of them, lol
1 6V6GT got it from a friend
3 PCL86 (made in the mid 50's or in the early 60's) got'em from an old gramophone
2 6N2P (Made in the 60's) bought from ebay.
1 12AX7 friend gave it to me too

And I WANT to see your collection :p

Last edited:
Vacuum tubes? You should see my collection. :eg:

Are vacum tubes still used much ?

I remember when I was a kid taking TV vacum tubes to the local drug store where they had a free tube checking machine, then later on my dad learned how to fix TVs as a side job and had his own tube checking machine.

Think of all the smaller electronics today that would have been very difficult to make small without the invention of computer chips :)

I've got boxes full. Some really old, some from military radar equipment that you cant find anywhere. I use them as props in projects. I do Steampunk art work, and they always work great to give the project that old, electrical/mechanical look. I love the low glow. You can also mount LEDs on them to give a modern glow.

I pick them up at fleamarkets cheap. I posted the first batch I bought on this thread.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/flea-markets-finds-50468.html

Rafa

Oh man thats very cool. Here is very hard to find tubes.... hell, it's hard to find anything cool :crackup:
I'm making my own first Guitar tube amplifier, I thought about using some LEDs, even lasers to light them up, but... maybe in other one. Some marshall amplifiers have leds to do that, too. I want to use 4 triode preamp and one tetrode power amp. I'm still making the PSU, one transformer just got f*ed up for some odd reason... So I'm looking for another one to replace it. $20 for ALL THAT omg I think i have to go to the "Rastro". It's some kind of... market in the street where people sell old stuff and weird stuff. I'm sure they have tubes. I want some other things I can probably find there so I have double reason to go there. Do you use tubes for something apart from art?

@AstroLaser: Yeah. Tubes are being still used in Very High-end Hi-Fi amplifiers, and of course in guitar amplifiers too. I think they are used on some very high powered RF applications.

Oh man thats very cool. Here is very hard to find tubes.... hell, it's hard to find anything cool :crackup:
I'm making my own first Guitar tube amplifier, I thought about using some LEDs, even lasers to light them up, but... maybe in other one. Some marshall amplifiers have leds to do that, too. I want to use 4 triode preamp and one tetrode power amp. I'm still making the PSU, one transformer just got f*ed up for some odd reason... So I'm looking for another one to replace it. $20 for ALL THAT omg I think i have to go to the "Rastro". It's some kind of... market in the street where people sell old stuff and weird stuff. I'm sure they have tubes. I want some other things I can probably find there so I have double reason to go there. Do you use tubes for something apart from art?

@AstroLaser: Yeah. Tubes are being still used in Very High-end Hi-Fi amplifiers, and of course in guitar amplifiers too. I think they are used on some very high powered RF applications.

Reminds me of how most (if not all) TVs and computer monitors that are being manufactured are LCD (or LED or Plasma) instead of cathode ray tubes.

Does any manufacturers still make any cathode ray tube TVs or computer monitors ?

I still have some cathode ray tube monitors that I have had to use as a back-up when an LCD monitor went bad.

Well after emailing Ledshoppe on Monday October 18th to check if my tracking number was accurate I received a reply today where they said:

"Thanks for your contact. You package was returned from the post office by some reason. Please confirm the following shipping address and we will send it to you again. Thanks for your patience and understanding"

I replied and confirmed they did indeed have my correct address.

I also politely expressed my disappointment and asked if they could resend it with very fast express shipping since I had ordered it so I could get it by my vacation.

I will post again with how they reply to that, hopefully I will be able to give a very good report that they resent it by express but I will let you all know what they reply and also when I actually receive it.

So this shows that sometimes it might be a good idea to check with the company if your tracking number is not showing up in the system after several days of when you were told it was shipped.

I wonder what would have happened if I never emailed to check when I did, if my order would had just gotten overlooked until I eventually emailed them, hopefully that would not have been the case as I have been given the impression by others' comments on the forum that Ledshoppe has excellent customer service and I am hoping that proves true for me also :)

Has anyone else had their package returned to the company by the HK post office ?

Well after emailing Ledshoppe on Monday October 18th to check if my tracking number was accurate I received a reply today where they said:

"Thanks for your contact. You package was returned from the post office by some reason. Please confirm the following shipping address and we will send it to you again. Thanks for your patience and understanding"

I also politely expressed my disappointment and asked if they could resend it with very fast express shipping since I had ordered it so I could get it by my vacation.

I will post again with how they reply to that, hopefully I will be able to give a very good report that they resent it by express but I will let you all know what they reply and also when I actually receive it.

So this shows that sometimes it might be a good idea to check with the company if your tracking number is not showing up in the system after several days of when you were told it was shipped.

I wonder what would have happened if I never emailed to check when I did, if my order would had just gotten overlooked until I eventually emailed them, hopefully that would not have been the case as I have been given the impression by others' comments on the forum that Ledshoppe has excellent customer service and I am hoping that proves true for me also :)

Has anyone else had their package returned to the company by the HK post office ?

Ok, I am still waiting for an email reply from them from my reply to their email on Oct. 21st where they asked me to confirm my shipping address after explaining that the HK Post Office returned my package to them for some reason which they did not seem to know.

Anyhow, while I still had not yet got a reply from my response to their email from Oct 21st, I decided to recheck the old tracking number from before just to see if it actually showed up in the system now (I wasn't really expecting it to since it never did before, and I thought they would have a new tracking number from whenever they would reship it which I didn't think they did yet since I was still hadn't gotten a reply from my last email)

.....well, Lo and behold, the old tracking number now shows up in both the HK and U.S. tracking pages ! :D

So, based on the tracking info below, how much longer do y'all think I might still have to wait before it actually arrives ?

The Hong Kong Post Office tracking page currently shows this:

Outward Registered Letter
Destination - United States of America
The item (RT*********HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 22-Oct-2010

The U.S. Post Office tracking page currently has this:

Label/Receipt Number: RT** **** ***H K
Service(s): Registered Mail™

Your item left HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG on October 22, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results
Foreign International Dispatch, October 22, 2010, 8:40 am, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign Acceptance, October 15, 2010, 4:03 pm, HONG KONG

Last edited:
Earliest it could come is next week.

Really ? I was hoping that since it left Hong Kong early last Friday morning via registered air mail that it would reach wherever it enters the U.S. by perhaps tomorrow and get to me before the end of this week :thinking:

Sponge

Really ? I was hoping that since it left Hong Kong early last Friday morning via registered air mail that it would reach wherever it enters the U.S. by perhaps tomorrow and get to me before the end of this week :thinking:

I wish that were the case whenever I buy something from HK. Then again, you're in the U.S, but I don't see how that would change anything other then... customs?

I bought a couple of batteries from DX. I got no updates on my tracking (although i didnt expect much for the $1.70 it cost). I just kind of forgot about it and the package made it safely to my door yesterday (about 3 weeks from ordering).

I wish that were the case whenever I buy something from HK. Then again, you're in the U.S, but I don't see how that would change anything other then... customs?

So are you saying the U.S. might take longer to get stuff from HK than your location ?

I bought a couple of batteries from DX. I got no updates on my tracking (although i didnt expect much for the $1.70 it cost). I just kind of forgot about it and the package made it safely to my door yesterday (about 3 weeks from ordering).

Yep, it seems like delivery tracking is not always as up to date as we'd like it to be :thinking:

Well, I finally got an email reply from my email to them on Oct 21st, their reply said:

"Sorry as we have reship the package to you before your reply. I hope the package can reach you soon. Thanks.
Yours, LED Shoppe"

So even if you reply to them the same day, they must not have enough people to keep up with the emails quickly.

Anyhow, the more important thing is what they actually do as far as resolving problems even if it is not as quick as we'd like it to be, and from what others have posted in the past they are supposed to have good customer service so hopefully it will be that way with me also :D