Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is HK post tracking number supposed to work ?

Well after emailing Ledshoppe on Monday October 18th to check if my tracking number was accurate I received a reply today where they said:

"Thanks for your contact. You package was returned from the post office by some reason. Please confirm the following shipping address and we will send it to you again. Thanks for your patience and understanding"

I replied and confirmed they did indeed have my correct address.

I also politely expressed my disappointment and asked if they could resend it with very fast express shipping since I had ordered it so I could get it by my vacation.

I will post again with how they reply to that, hopefully I will be able to give a very good report that they resent it by express but I will let you all know what they reply and also when I actually receive it.

So this shows that sometimes it might be a good idea to check with the company if your tracking number is not showing up in the system after several days of when you were told it was shipped.

I wonder what would have happened if I never emailed to check when I did, if my order would had just gotten overlooked until I eventually emailed them, hopefully that would not have been the case as I have been given the impression by others' comments on the forum that Ledshoppe has excellent customer service and I am hoping that proves true for me also :)

Has anyone else had their package returned to the company by the HK post office ?

Well, I finally got my order today after they had it reshipped after they said the HK Post Office returned it for some reason, and after all that waiting I was VERY disappointed, because even with fresh batteries it did not even shine as bright as a cheap 5mw I bought from Ebay.

I emailed them to let them know their 50mw was dimmer than my 5mw and asked for a replacement so hopefully they have good customer service and will send a replacement, and one that is at least close to spec.

They seem like a good company to order from so hopefully I will be able to give a positive report about them later after I see if they will replace the dim pointer with a good one or not.

(I will also let you know how they reply to my email in the meantime after they reply, then also later if they ship me a replacement and if the replacement is up to spec or not)

Last edited:

This is sad. Ledshopp used to give out over spec lasers all the time. This is the third review I've read that they are dim underspec units. I'm afraid they have fallen into the crap lasers category.

This is sad. Ledshopp used to give out over spec lasers all the time. This is the third review I've read that they are dim underspec units. I'm afraid they have fallen into the crap lasers category.

.....and very discouraging to a noob who had been really anticipating stepping up from a 5mw :(

I'm still hopeful that LED Shoppe will make it right and send a good replacement that is at least close to spec.

(even within 20% would be a lot better than the way under-spec one I got)

Keep in mind you may have gotten a highly overspec 5mW. They often are, and it takes 4 times the power to notice a big difference with greens. So if your 5mW was actually 20mW, you'd need an 80mW laser to see a big difference.

Keep in mind you may have gotten a highly overspec 5mW. They often are, and it takes 4 times the power to notice a big difference with greens. So if your 5mW was actually 20mW, you'd need an 80mW laser to see a big difference.

I understand what you're saying, but you would still expect something you buy as a 50mw to not be noticeably dimmer than something you bought as a 5mw :undecided:

(I could have bought 3 of the 5mw for what I paid for that one dimmer so-called "50mw", and that is frustrating)

Good point. Nothing new in the laser field though. The only way to get a good quality onspec laser is to pay a high premium, or build it yourself.

Well, I finally got my order today after they had it reshipped after they said the HK Post Office returned it for some reason, and after all that waiting I was VERY disappointed, because even with fresh batteries it did not even shine as bright as a cheap 5mw I bought from Ebay.

I emailed them to let them know their 50mw was dimmer than my 5mw and asked for a replacement so hopefully they have good customer service and will send a replacement, and one that is at least close to spec.

They seem like a good company to order from so hopefully I will be able to give a positive report about them later after I see if they will replace the dim pointer with a good one or not.

(I will also let you know how they reply to my email in the meantime after they reply, then also later if they ship me a replacement and if the replacement is up to spec or not)

This is the fastest I ever got a reply from them, here is what they wrote:

Thanks for your contact. Sorry for the defective item. Please return the defective units to the following address by air mail(no tracking number need):

LED Shoppe
Flat 45, 12/F, Blk F,
Wah Lok Ind Ctr,
31-35 Shan Mei St,
Fo Tan, N.T.
Hong Kong

Please send us an email with a copy of the return shipping receipt and we will pay for the postage, then we will send you replacement. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Yours,
LED Shoppe

.......good news is that they are willing to replace it, bad news is that I have to pay for return shipping up front and hope that 1.) I get reimbursed 2.) the laser makes it back to them 3.) they send a good up-to-spec replacement 4.) even if all that works out I will still have waited a very long time from my original order date to finally get a laser that works as advertised :undecided:

At least I have the safety net that if I don't get a good one back before the PayPal time limit for disputes which I think is 45 days I can always make a PayPal claim that what they sent was not as advertised.

This is a definite turn-off for ever wanting to order from overseas again.

Has anyone else ever had to return a defective laser to LED Shoppe get a replacement and if so did they make sure the replacement actually worked up to spec ?

Added note:
I checked and found out it would cost me $27.25 postage to return the defective laser to LED Shoppe, and even though they said they would reimburse my return shipping costs I don't know I want to risk it since this was my first experience with them and I have no guarantee they will indeed reimburse $27.25 and if they don't then I would be out that plus still have no guarantee of getting an up-to-spec replacement. I'm on a fairly tight budget and can't simply afford to risk not getting reimbursed all my return shipping cost.

Has anyone else had to return a defective laser to LED Shoppe and if so did they reimburse your full cost for return shipping, and if so, was it reimbursed very fast, and how, via PayPal or just a store credit ?

Last edited:
Glad you posted your question about tracking numbers. I was hoping since I got mine last weekend that I may see the package by this weekend but the HK tracking page says it's still being 'prepared' for shipment. Oh well hopefully my host from jayrob and batteries from lighthound will arrive tomorrow after shipping on wednesday so I can build at l;east one project this weekend.

Hope yours arrives faster than mine did :)

(even when my tracking said it left HK it did not change again until the day I received it, that morning it said it arrived at my local post office, and I got it later that day)

Thanks. Mine still says "The item <tracking# removed> was posted on 25-Oct-2010 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee." as fo 5 minutes ago. Looks like it still hasn't left HK yet. *grumble*

Thanks. Mine still says "The item <tracking# removed> was posted on 25-Oct-2010 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee." as fo 5 minutes ago. Looks like it still hasn't left HK yet. *grumble*

If a China based company had a local U.S. distributor that would always have local stock on hand of their more frequently selling products so customers could get very fast delivery that company should be able to do very well IF of course they sell good products that are not way under-spec.

Sorry to bump this thread up after 2 weeks but i didn't want to start another.

There are several dates listed on my accounts page for my order but if I'm reading it right does this make sense?

I placed an order with DX on Oct. 18th. The order was assigned a tracking number on 10/21, shipped from their warehouse on 10/23, and actually shipped via HKPO Airmail on 10/25. Or I assume it has. As of 10 minutes ago it says "The item (tracking) was posted on 25-Oct-2010." Or does that mean it's sitting in a box in HK waiting to be shipped out still?

If it has been shipped only counting weekdays it'd been 15 days since it shipped and counting weekends (freight still moves unless it's a holiday) it's been 21 days since shipment. DX says you should get it in about 10 days if you're in a major city, 12-3 elsewhere which seems reasonable. I guess if I ever order from DX again i'll spend the extra 18 bucks for the 3-5 day express delivery or does that sit around for a month before getting shipped out too?

Sorry to bump this thread up after 2 weeks but i didn't want to start another.

There are several dates listed on my accounts page for my order but if I'm reading it right does this make sense?

I placed an order with DX on Oct. 18th. The order was assigned a tracking number on 10/21, shipped from their warehouse on 10/23, and actually shipped via HKPO Airmail on 10/25. Or I assume it has. As of 10 minutes ago it says "The item (tracking) was posted on 25-Oct-2010." Or does that mean it's sitting in a box in HK waiting to be shipped out still?

If it has been shipped only counting weekdays it'd been 15 days since it shipped and counting weekends (freight still moves unless it's a holiday) it's been 21 days since shipment. DX says you should get it in about 10 days if you're in a major city, 12-3 elsewhere which seems reasonable. I guess if I ever order from DX again i'll spend the extra 18 bucks for the 3-5 day express delivery or does that sit around for a month before getting shipped out too?

I have never ordered from DX so I can't answer specifically about them, but when I ordered from LED Shoppe (also in HK) it took a while to even get the tracking number to work (LED Shoppe later said the HK post office returned it to them for some reason) and even including that delay it took a total of 17 days from the day I ordered it to when I received it.

The tracking did not change from when it said it left HK until the morning it arrived at my local post office, where it then said it arrived and was then out for delivery.

So it could be likely that your tracking info may not change until the morning it actually gets to your local post office.

My tracking hasn't updated on HKPO or USPS's site since the tracking info was posted. By the time it arrives the flashlight I ordered to become a host might end up just staying a flashlight since I ordered it to be my first DIY build. Oh well guess it'll be my 4th or 5th DIY if it ever arrives :p

Did you even LOOK at the date of the last post, man. dont dig up old posts
that will just get you neg rep.