Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is DTR Alright?

Hi Guys, I have not been around for a while...getting old lol.
Is DTR AKA Jordan alright? I see he has not been here for a while either.
Last April a documentary about my grandfather, Hugo Gernsback has come out of post-production but
COVID has prevented its release and distribution. If it was up to me, I would just give it away but while I was involved with it, others produced and directed it.
The main reason I became involved here was so I could learn how to build lasers to use one in the documentary. I had a Gernsback Mk I Ray Gun created into which I put a 12 mm module with an NDB7875.
I used it to shoot at some black magician's flash paper into which I put some two-component flash powder.
It is my hope when the documentary is released that a sci-fi fan will purchase the gun and I will be able to use the proceeds for the Gernsback Legacy Projects.

3GR (1).jpg
4GR (1).jpg

Here is the link to the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W5mzIgYf4Okb-YiUjOFXXseR6na7I_UN/view?usp=sharing

gazer101

Love the aesthetic and good choice of diode to balance divergence with output power, I can't buy anything but I'm sure someone else will!

Encap

DTR is fine--taking care of personal family business and not available for a while now.

His helper Augie DTR's helper is filling orders daily --- so no business interruption because of his absence.

Very cool laser pistol/Gernsback Mk I Ray Gun! (y)
Should bring some good $$$ with the movie and all to help with the costs of Gernsback Legacy Projects.

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I remember when DTR started out. He started out slow but then began to sell more and offered more for sale. We had a few places to buy back then but DTR is the only one that I can think of that stayed in business.

Hey long time no see, I would like to watch that documentary when it's out.

DTR is fine--taking care of personal family business and not available for a while now.

His helper Augie DTR's helpwer is filling orders daily ---so no business interruptuion because of his absense.

Very cool laser pistol/Gernsback Mk I Ray Gun! (y)
Should bring some good $$$ with the movie and all to help with the costs of Gernsback Legacy Projects.
Thanks. I noted that he had not been active here since 2019...and I had not been around for awhile either...yet I could tell his business was still going. He has always been helpful to me and everyone so of course I was concerned.

I lost my best friend in 2018, died unexpectedly. So, I Jordan is like family to us here so I am happy to hear he is ok.

Hey long time no see, I would like to watch that documentary when it's out.
Great to hear from you. I would be glad to share the doc with you as soon as I can work something out with the Producers and the Director.

FYI, I was at the events of the 6th. Caught up with a news crew. But, I knew better. Was expecting a false flag so I did not go with the news crew to cover the story.

What is interesting, I never messed with Twitter. Opened up an account just to offer live video. However, as soon as I entered my location, my account was suspended! No surprise. Crazy world we live in. Most of the population is clueless to the fact that the CCP hit us with a bioweapon...an act of war. Crazy times.