Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

is DealExtreme for real?

I stumbled across this site DealExtreme.com, and they sell green lasers for super cheap, such as their 30mw green lasers for $25. Is this a real dealer? Sounds too good to be true.

Razako

I have bought several of their true 30 lasers and haven't had anything to complain about. Other people on the forum have had terrible luck with dx. With dx you will either get a great laser for a great price or you will get a defective laser with severe issues if you are unlucky.

jayrob

I got a handful of their lasers too. Just to have for camping and stuff so I don't care as much if they get thrashed. I got a true 30, true 50, true 100, and one of their 30mW flashlight style as well. (cr123) All of them measure more than they claim! My true 50 measures at 86mW!
Jay

P.S. I wouldn't expect their cheap greenies to be real dependable like you would for a Nova. But for the price, I like them!

Benm

DX is definitely on the cheapest end of what's out there, but most of their items are okay, especially at those prices. As far as the lasers go, your mileage will vary - but they do replace items that are defective or way below spec.

thebucketmouse said:
So jayrob, for the 30mw or 50mw green, is the beam pretty solid at night?

even the beam on a 5mw green would be visible, the beam on a 30mw is much brighter and more solid

thebucketmouse said:
So jayrob, for the 30mw or 50mw green, is the beam pretty solid at night?

This is a picture of my true 30 outside. Note that it isn't even completely dark.

dxtrue02buitenjh2.jpg

I've ordered 6 or 7 times from DX. The main catch is the wait. Most times, delivery for me has been about 3 weeks, but I've had as little as 12 days, and as long as a month. They will also partial-ship orders if something is out of stock.
Got a 20mW green for $17. Like several of their cheap models, it is sensitive to pressure on the switch, and to temperature. But for the price, I can't complain. Nice and bright. Measures right at 20mW on a meter.

I've personally inspected 5 of the DX true30 lasers and only one didn't make the 30mw mark (only missed by 1mw) and some even went much higher than 30mw, i had one that would peak in the 40-50mw range

I ordered a dx true 30mW a month ago and received a 5mW laser without an IR filter. I ordered a 10mW keychain laser which has a filter and measures 9 mW. I also ordered eight 5mW laser modules. After I put them together they all measured above 10mW most being 20mW. From my experience I find them to be hit and miss.

All four DX lasers I've handled have been better that advertised. My friend has a DX50 that lights matches, and it is definitely over 50mW. All the rest were DX30's, and they all pop balloons, one of the DX30's lit matches with a lens.

My DX 30 outputs about 38mW of green and very little IR. Quality laser if there ever was one. DealExtreme is for real!

They all seem to be overpowered, my true 5 will take out baloons in 2 seconds, i need to see if it will light a match with a lense.

The only problem i have with it is that when the batteries are low it takes awhile to get to full power and it will flicker, unlike my novalaser which will still run fine but not be as strong.

Of course thats only with almost completely dead batteries, as soon as you replace them it works great.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D