Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is best laser pointers.com a scam? [Not completely|As of 09/04/2019 they still ship lasers]

Allnatcat

I bought a "200mw" 405nm laser from them but didn't receive a confirmation email... It was only 27 bucks. But still.

Edit: did get an email and shipping. But not recommending their website.

Last edited:

GSS

If they are based in China expect some long long long issues with shipping with the protests going on..

GSS

When did you order?
The sight seams non existent now and a few times it did show the Domain "company" itself was up for sale..??

What store link are you using?

Last edited:

GSS

Well it was Labor day weekend.. Can't see the attachments though?

Allnatcat

Oh strange, I'll try again. But it's a confirmation email and a tracking number/link!

Attachments

• 841D245F-73B7-4568-95A9-49C0EABC86C0.jpeg
    841D245F-73B7-4568-95A9-49C0EABC86C0.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 3

Allnatcat

That's a good sign. although a very expensive store.
When you receive your unit, I would look elsewhere if you plan on another laser.;)
Sure thing, thanks a bunch for your input and willingness to help me!

Reactions: GSS

Encap

Return it if possible and get the same thing on eBay for $6.50 including shipping https://www.ebay.com/itm/50Miles-Bl...433384?hash=item2884118868:g:73gAAOSwxppdYOnS

Everything bestlaserBS.com offers is low cost, low quality mass produced Chinese product at very inflated, 4X to 8X ordinary retail, high prices and you are worried about a email on a National holiday, confirming you have been duped, played, ripped off by Chinese low life?
Is not going to be 200mW either.

"Bestlaserpointers" claims to be a business in Elmhurst, NY yet everything they resell above 5mW is illegal to import to USA + Sales, as a business, of hand held laser pointers with outputs over 5mW within the USA to someone in the USA is also illegal/prohibited.
Common sense should have told you you were being ripped off for 3 to 4x the cost/price by a "ghost"/"outlaw" Chinese business web site pretending to be NY business and shipping out of a container in California or China from their pretend "factory", as mentioned under "Shipping" on their web site.

Better luck next time. Do some homework on resellers or at least ask on LPF before you buy.

Last edited:

Allnatcat

Return it if possible and get the same thing on eBay for $6.50 including shipping https://www.ebay.com/itm/50Miles-Bl...433384?hash=item2884118868:g:73gAAOSwxppdYOnS

Everything the offer is low cost. low quality mass produced Chinese laser at very inflated, 4X to 8X ordinary retail, high prices and you are worried about a email on a National holiday, confirming you have been duped, played, ripped off by Chinese low life?
Is not going to be 200mW either.

"Bestlaserpointers" claims to be a business in Elmhurst, NY yet everything they resell above 5mW is illegal to import to USA + Sales, as a business, of hand held laser pointers with outputs over 5mW within the USA to someone in the USA is also illegal/prohibited.
Common sense should have told you you were being ripped off for 3 to 4x the cost/price by a "ghost" Chinese business web site pretending to be NY business and shipping out of a container in California or China from their pretend factory, as they say under "Shipping" on the web site.

Better luck next time.
Thanks, yeah it was my first laser purchase online. So I'm not very informed. I just was expecting for it to be what it says it is at face value. So I guess if it doesn't meet my expectations of a very visible beam at night then I'll send it back. I was also hesitant to go through eBay from all the horror stories, but at the large fraction of the cost it's worth it.

You won't have a very visible beam at night.. Even if it is way over-spec and pushing 400mw, you still won't really see much of a 405nm beam unless you have some fog or smoke in the air. A 445nm blue one at 200mw on the other hand would be visble at night

If it's any consolation... eh.. it's just $27 and you might actually get a functioning laser still. I have been duped out of hundreds of dollars by scams in the past as well as many other people even here on the forum.... All I got was Jack Squat and a headache.. No laser. So, sometimes that's just the price paid for such a risky transaction.. could be much worse

Last edited:

Ainus

Thanks, yeah it was my first laser purchase online. So I'm not very informed. I just was expecting for it to be what it says it is at face value. So I guess if it doesn't meet my expectations of a very visible beam at night then I'll send it back. I was also hesitant to go through eBay from all the horror stories, but at the large fraction of the cost it's worth it.
İf it's a 405 laser probably you can't see the beam at night time and most of the cheap 405 lasers have an output power of less than 100 mw

They have never been a scam, properly stated, at least in my opinion, for most of their stuff they are just a way over priced vender feeding off of buyers who don't know better to shop elsewhere.