Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is any one selling 16X dvd diodes.

If any one is selling any 16X dvd diodes i am intrested, and will buy them if they are at
a reasonable price ($10-$18) and compatible with thr Kip kay AA mini mag hack.

All i need to complete my mini mag hack is the 16X dvd diode so i would be greatfull
if some one could help me.

Or if you know where i can get them send me the link. cheers ;D

Things

yep sales.stonetek.org ;) BUT i would like to advise you that the mod shown on that video WILL KILL YOUR DIODE VERY QUICKLY, OR EVEN INSTANTLY! If you want your diode to last a nice time, have a look around here for a very simple driver circuit, it will keep your diode nice and happy!

Thanks i will check it out. And when you say kill it very fast so how many hours are we looking at if go use the sony LD in the AA mini mag set up.

And Will a driver circuit work on a mini mag ?

that sales.stonetek site is THE place to go. Its a bit higher than your $10-18 range, but unfortunately I can't go into a car dealership and demand a new car for $10 either. stonetek is the site of Greg/SenKat on these forums, and he's probably the most trustworthy guy you could deal with as far as lasers go.

I'm not sure what the details are of a minimag setup. How many volts does the driver put out? When one says "kill a diode very quickly", you often measure diode life in femtoseconds, not hours - it doesn't take much more than a few hundreths of a volt too much to send a laser diode to an early grave. For one of the 16x diodes you won't want to run it at much more than ~2.9V WITH adequate heatsinking. If the driver you're considering puts out too much, consider a different driver or adding some resistance to the circuit.

Things

well really it varies, it could last a couple of hours, or it could last a couple of milliseconds, but that kind of mod WILL make the diodes life decrease ALOT! at the best i would say it would last about 5 hours, but that is prolly the very best! it depends on what batteries you use too, since it has no current limiting, putting lithiums will DEFINATELY kill your diode instantly, but Ni-Mh's might be ok, and Ni-Cd's could be aswell, but the diode will still only last a short while! If you can make the driver circuit small enough to fit in there, then yes it could work, but the only thing is the driver circuit requires 6V and up to regulate properly, so not in that flashlight it won't. If you do decide to go with this mod, please atleast use a resistor and capacitor, they will also help alot with the diodes lifetime! ;)

Things

oh you posted just before me pseudo! :) umm the minimag is 3V(2 AA's) ;)

I have decided to give up th mini mag mod :'(and do the dorcy mod ;D.
How long do red lasers worked for on one of theese set-ups?

Is this all i need :housing $6
:dorcy $30
:LD sony $19.50
:DIYcomponent kit $20
:TOTAL $76.50

Do yo guys have link to build it.
Thanks for your help

Things

have a look in experiments and mods section, and in the "threads of interest" thread, there is numerous links to helpful guides, and one just for the dorcy too! It was done by "kenom", and he even made a video showing how! GL
;)