Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Irresponsible offer

This is in my opinion a very dangerous Laser. There are still some people which underestimate the harm of Lasers. And now Rayfoss is selling a invisible 1.8W Class 4 Laser Torch. This is giving me bad feelings.

Link:

www.rayfoss.com

The laser is over $300, which should cast aside the average laser n00b. Plus it has good safety features. No big problem.

Yes they have been avable for at least a couple years most people don't need or want an invisible laser so not much to worry about.

You'r right. Glad the price is not that low. I was just concerned about the power of that invisible Beam. But hopefuly the Laser will be only ordered from People having a certain need.

Most people want to see their laser. Wavelength collectors are usually the only ones who buy these.

It actually looks like a well made product. Not the best handheld for beginners in the hobby though. It might have a practical application. Bug zapper. J/K :tinfoil:

Last edited:

joeyss

Hmmmm what's the life on one of these if you follow the 30 second duty cycle? Even if it would be 5,000 hours $315 just seems a bit too much. I mean the O-like 400mw green has a 2W ir pump and it was only $200.