Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Iron Man Glove ^^

CHP

Is there a chance you could please more detailed pictures?

Well...the lil sequence in the video showing the thing in detail should be enough dont you think?

Why do you ask? Wanna make one yourself or what? ^^

CHP

Well...the lil sequence in the video showing the thing in detail should be enough dont you think?

Why do you ask? Wanna make one yourself or what? ^^

I was interested in the head of your laser, and I was hoping for more detail than shown in the video.

Like I posted before. Your design is pretty cool. I was thinking about making one, but not exactly like yours. My power supply is about the size of 2/3 of a 9 volt battery - this includes the battery. I was thinking about integrating the power supply into a braclet.

Oh thats easy.
I used the inner ring as additional heat-sink for the diode-housing. Simply pressed it in.

You are not the first one who want to make one of those. Still cant believe this thing is that popular. Should have put more effort in it :)

CHP

Oh thats easy.
I used the inner ring as additional heat-sink for the diode-housing. Simply pressed it in.

You are not the first one who want to make one of those. Still cant believe this thing is that popular. Should have put more effort in it :)

By laser head, I meant the part that is in your palm.

Nice work! at first I thought you just modified a toy or something. It was not until the end of the video I saw that you made this from scratch.
Cool!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 3,264

Kevlar

That's pretty impressive, nice work!! I always love to see original, built from scratch work!!
You-Rock.gif
rockon.gif

Hey Anselmo, not sure if youre interested in sharing much detail about your build
:p
But I was wondering what you used to focus you're LD if I could ask?

Cutting these 2mm thick brass was a pain in the ass...took a few hours...after this I had to make it fit my hand. I could think of funnier things to do.

Glad you guys like it. I never modify stuff. Maybe on request, but personally I like unique hosts and housings. So create my own designs.

I used an o-like housing. Only the front-part. Lens must be a broad-band lens as in most chinese housings.

CHP: Now I am really confused. No idea what you mean.

I was just wondering because it seems that you have very little space in between your hand and the top of the diode. All I currently use is aixiz modules and am researching how to keep LD cooler and in a much smaller package. Seems you have this with your posted 2 minute run time on your little device, that thing is Fin RAD! Wish I had extra money so I could pay ya to make me one (my metal skills don't match nearly to yours :bowdown: )

I am not a metal-worker. I am a lab-technician, developing paints ^^ so when I can make such a thing, everyone can. The base is 2-dimensional...its a sheet of metal. The rings are soldered to the base and soldered to each other with small stripes of bent metal.

Regarding the space between hand and diode: I can actually feel the back of the diode on my hand ;-)

Gappa

You know what would be really cool. At the end of iron man 2 he used a dual red laser to chop up all the bad guys but then he said it only worked once. Make one of those it would mount to the top side of your wrist.

Actually I made a new design already sittin on top. Need more space to install a laser including TEC, sink, fan...not sure if I make another one.
Would be a bit too much dont you think?

Why are you calling it palm? :) its confusing. Doesnt look like a palm to me.

Red laser on top wouldnt make any sense imo. I want a real powerful blue beam coming out of my wrist.

But would be kinda lame to make another glove dont you think?

Gappa

The palm of your hand. In the US we call the open face of your hand the "palm"