Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IRC Anyone???

Where here frequents "the IRC"... usually when I'm hacking on projects late at night I'm also idling on efnet... Would be cool to talk with other LPF'ers in real time....

#lpf and #lasers are both available on efnet. I'm also not opposed to hosting it on irc.FreeNode.net

If you're interested, reply in this thread. I'm usually on after 6pm PST. If we get a regular presence going I can arrange for a bot or three to hold the channel, auto-op, etc...

you can find me on efnet as 'Jewdass'

-jb

Things

well marianne has allready a channel setup called #laserchat , and lots of us are on there

Just trying if I could connect to laserchat but it failed (connectException)
And on irc.ecnet.org I get connection timeout.

I'll try again later.

DNS is funny right now for irc.ecnet.org - try pseudo-servers.irc.ecnet.org instead

solar - It could also be your firewall.. The laserchat page is a client-side java app, so if you are (like me) heavily firewalled at work, this won't do any better than if you had a real IRC client installed...

Oh well, time to get a BNC on port 80 :)

-mrb

http://ircatwork.com/
nickname: the username you want to use
server: irc.ecnet.org (or pseudo-servers.irc.ecnet.org if the first doesn't work)
channel: #laserchat
:) this is essentially a proxy, therefore it doesn't need to get through your firewall. this method is a bit slower to update the screen than java or a real IRC client though.

Things

acid said:
:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
freak.gif

Attachments

• freak.gif
    freak.gif
    900 bytes · Views: 249