Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IR Thermometer for $8

Warske

If you live close to a Harbor Freight store, you can pick up an IR Thermometer for $7.99 from now until 4/13/09 (Edit: new coupon is good to 5/11/09). Just print and present the coupon in this ad

You can use this thermometer for checking the temperature of your laser diode and its driver, or building a laser power meter (Simple Laser Power Meter Using IR Thermometer)

When this sale is over, you can still buy it from their web site.

Also, they sometimes go on sale in the local stores for $9.99, or $7.99 with a coupon. You can sign up to receive ads and coupons by mail, or check the weekly Extra Savings Coupons.

Attachments

• HarborFreight IR Thermometer2.jpg
    HarborFreight IR Thermometer2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Hey, i'm notin the US so i couldn't buy this thermometer.

Could you buy it for me, and send it with the cheapest shipping costs?
I'll pay you thermometer+shipping+a fee for bothering to buy it for me

How about $12?

Also worth noting are the helping hands for only a $1.89. Good for holding your laser steady or clamping down the button on pen-style pointers that require the button to be held down. Magnifying glass too.

Thanks for the link to that coupon list. Between the thermometer and the helping hands, I'm gonna have to go to the one 20 minutes away and pick them up.

I picked one of these up. Unless water boils at 181°F, this thing is off by a bit. Although it seems to be +/- 2° if it's not reading a liquid or a metal ???

Doesn't water boil at 212 F? They are very nice meters, and for 8 bucks you can't beat it.

er, that's what I'm saying. I point it at boiling water and I get 180 degrees.

Maybe what you're getting is the temperature of the steam mixed with air? What happens if you tack a piece of black adhesive tape onto a pot with boiling water and take the temp of that?