Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IR filter, or no?

he just said he thinks they do have the filters.

but wicked lasers is not the company you want to be buying from! you should go with a more reputable company

o i see, i just bought a laser earlier 20mw green the elite series, but not from this site. and im sorry i misunderstood, where should i get my lasers from, and why not wickedlasers?

Vedant002 said:
o i see, i just bought a laser earlier 20mw green the elite series, but not from this site. and im sorry i misunderstood, where should i get my lasers from, and why not wickedlasers?

What laser do you say you bought?
The reason most people here would recommend staying away from wicked is because they have a reputation of selling defective lasers and ripping people off. Besides, even if their products were working, they are still way overpriced. Wicked sells a 55mW laser for $199. NOVAlasers sells a 100mW laser for ten dollars more ($209).

Vedant002 said:
i bought the same model, elite, and stuff but not from wicked.

Oh... Because you said 20mW and then Elite...
I should have realized... It is typical for a Wicked Laser Elite to output 20mW. ;D

ye but i only bought it for a total of $70 so it was worth it after all it was only 20mw.

Oh not too bad. Then. The body does look nice.
Yes. 20mW will be able to shut off streetlights. I've done it with 5mW red.

cool, apparently i checked the ir, and it is leaking, so i just bought an ir filter for it, how to i put it in, and where?

You would have to open the aperture cap. If you can't do it without scratching the laser don't bother. IR leakage isn't very dangerous at all.

then why do people make such a big deal out of it, and is there an instruction manual, because i dont want my $15 going to waste