Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Invoice from Wicked Laser. Is this legitimate..?

Sharpiel

Hi. Brand new here and seeking advice.

Recently I broke the glass in this screw on protective housing which encloses the diode (?) In my Wicked Laser Spyder III.

I emailed Wicked for a replacement and after a long period of delays have been sent an invoice. The invoice was issued by Laserdock Limited with a contact email of flashtorch333@gmail.com.

I'm just concerned that this isn't a legitimate invoice and that possibly I'm being scammed by a third party so I'm researching before I pay the amount of $54USD and provide them with credit card details as they don't accept PayPal.

Has anyone else dealt with them and can verify this is a legitimate invoice origin and not a scam? Furthermore is there an alternative and cheaper way of obtaining this part, even second hand. $54USD is about $80 Australian dollars and seems quite pricey.

Thanks for any help.
484256BB-4223-42FA-8AA6-7AAEF0357563.jpegCB84F995-E47E-41DD-AFBC-90368A4F7F83.jpeg

GSS

Can't sat about the email??

If that was just a piece of protective glass on that cap I would let it be. $54 is insane for just a cap.o_O
Just wait till others chime in before you pay. Most of us run are lasers without a glass cover anyways.

Sharpiel

Can't sat about the email??

If that was just a piece of protective glass on that cap I would let it be. $54 is insane for just a cap.o_O
Just wait till others chime in before you pay. Most of us run are lasers without a glass cover anyways.

I see. I'm assuming its purpose was merely protective. Perhaps others can confirm. Am I correct that the green thing it covers is the diode? Mine is crooked. The beam emits a little away from a true concentric line... ie is slightly off from the direction I point. Is that important and can I easily correct it by pressing against the diode or will I damage it?

GSS

I see. I'm assuming its purpose was merely protective. Perhaps others can confirm. Am I correct that the green thing it covers is the diode? Mine is crooked. The beam emits a little away from a true concentric line... ie is slightly off from the direction I point. Is that important and can I easily correct it by pressing against the diode or will I damage it?
Yes I was wondering about the green color, thought it could of been a camera reflection thing.
Yup I wouldn't touch it as most likely more damage will be done. I assuming they use alot of glue in their builds and because of that you might just have to live with the off center beam:(
It's early here my way but others should chime in soon..

What wavelength is this laser? If it is a direct diode laser the part you are trying to get might be the collimation lens. If it is a DPSS 532nm green laser it might just be a dust cap and $54.00 for that is a total rip off. Even for a collimation lens that is far too expensive. As long as you keep it out of the open air when not in use it will likely be fine without a dust cover. I cover all my lasers when not in use and few have dust covers.

Sharpiel

Hi Paul. It is an S3 Spyder III Krypton. It is definitely a 532nm green wavelength laser. I don’t know what DPSS means. Can you tell me?

It still has a tight beam without this broken part. Does this eliminate it being a collimation lens? It was a part that wasn’t meant to be changed but fixed screwed around the laser unit. I was worried that perhaps this was some type of infrared blocking filter to prevent indirect eye damage. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I cannot say for certain that is is not an IR filter, but it is likely just a dust cap. I have some IR filters made for the 1064nm IR component and they have a green tint to to them. BTW, those filters were very inexpensive at ~$10.00 for six of them.

Looks like you broke your dust window, the greenish lens you can see inside is your IR blocking filter IINM

There's someone selling wl garb on ebay.....you could ask them about it.

Sharpiel

So I don't really need a dust window if I have a dust cap otherwise over the end of my laser and use a soft brush to gently remove dust from the IR blocking filter if/when needed? Paying $54USD for a replacement is a bit of a rip off yeah?

GSS

I didn't know Wickedlasers made a 532 Spyder 3, at least when I googled because I have no clue about there products..
Found this though in RedC's link and have no clue what a 20% training lens cap is??

I wouldn't try cleaning the IR filter as it might make it worse. Chances are with just the cover without the glass dust won't be a issue when used carefully.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    586 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Get some canned air to blow the dust off of lenses and filters. Don't use your breath to do it as it contains saliva and moisture.

Gadget

I'm thinking it's some kind of filter that cuts the beam power down to 20% for a sort of "orientation to lasers" thing.

Found this though in RedC's link and have no clue what a 20% training lens cap is??

Reactions: GSS
The IR content of 532nm laser pointers is ~20%. Maybe that is what they are talking about.

I didn't know Wickedlasers made a 532 Spyder 3, at least when I googled because I have no clue about there products..

I wouldn't try cleaning the IR filter as it might make it worse. Chances are with just the cover without the glass dust won't be a issue when used carefully.

Yes that's an attenuation cap that was used to reduce the output to 20%