Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introduction - hi from Sydney

sim84

Hey guys,

I'm Simon, from Sydney, and I've never actually owned a laser. I was on holiday in South America earlier in the year, and had a couple of basic "astronomy tours", in which the guide had a green laser to point out the stars. I'm now on a mission to find a decent green laser pointer for astronomy as a gift for my girlfriend's dad, who was with us for part of the trip and was fascinated by the lasers being used. This looks like a cool forum with a tonne of info, so I'm looking forward to learning a bit here and hopefully making a good choice for my first laser purchase!

Cheers

Welcome to LPF Simon! There are many nice people here who’ll be happy to help and listen to your questions. You may access our vast laser related database by using the Search button on each page. Tons of information about choosing, acquiring and safely using green lasers are just a click away. Please have fun with your new hobby, but always remember to be laser safe. Take Care. :D

-cd

Hi, Welcome this is a great place for info. There is a search bar on the page at the bottom. many interesting topics and reviews . be safe..

Rich:)

You know the laws in Australia make it near impossible to buy a laser pointer that would be powerful enough to see the beam at night. Your best bet is to buy one from someone who is already there. That, or learn how to build one.

BobMc

Welcome sim84 to the forum. We’ve got a couple other members down in your “neck of the woods” they might be able to give you some pointers. (pun intended)

Enjoy and stay safe. :wave:

Last edited: