Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introduction and Appreciation

roosl

Hi,

I've been fartin' around here for about a week now, so it's time to say hello, and get to know some of you.

First, let me thank you all! I had finally decided to give in to my desire to own a "real" laser (the pointers we play with in the conference room at work don't count), and in my research, I happened upon this forum. I visited another also, but quickly learned what's what and who is who. Many posts here helped me greatly in learning certain aspects of what I wanted to find out. I doubt that I'll ever want to embark on any DIY stuff, but even those posts are fun to read. One can learn an awful lot about lasers (even if you already know some of how they work) here, and the folks that enjoy them.

One primary topic early on was where to find good quality at a good price. Due to their advertising, I knew long ago about WL, but didn't know (or really look much) until recently that there were so many other sellers out here! Thanks to this forum, I found Jack O'Neill at Optotronics. I do not regret the decision to purchase from Jack.

My first laser is Optotronics' RPL-400 green, an awesome instrument. I've only played with it a little last night and today, getting familiar with it. Even on power level 1 (of 9) in a lighted room, it is an impressive sight. When I first turned it on in anticipation, I was aghast! Jack let me know before he shipped it that output peaked above 470mW, and it averages 422mW (at optimum power level 5). I'm extremely happy!

As my new hobby grows on me, I've begun a lasers page at Roosl.com (primarily, I present graphic design and 3D artwork there). I've posted some photos already (I know we all love to look at those beam shots). I just ordered some optics from Jack, so next I'll set up some cool experiments!

Here is one thumbnail. Follow the link above to see more.
beam 004tn.jpg

I consider you all my new friends and I am happy to be part of this community. If you're in the Phoenix area, let me know!

Kind regards to all,

Hey there Roosl.

It is refreshing to have a new member who already knows how to search for , and find, the info they are looking for.

Welcome aboard!:beer:

PS cool picture

jayrob

Welcome to LPF...

Man, you get right to business huh? That's a nice 'first real laser'!

roosl

Man, you get right to business huh? That's a nice 'first real laser'!

Well, I waited long enough to finally get started, so I wanted a nice one. And, as I mentioned, I'm extremely happy with it! :D

I've already had so much fun getting familiar with it, and my optics will be here this week. So next I'll see what kind of effects I can set up with those, and I'll probably post some more pics (we do love dem pics)! Out of that project, perhaps I'll decide to (who is that twisting my arm? :thinking: Oh, yeah) get another, maybe blue next!

Thanks guys,

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
enjoy the forum , roosl=) thanks again for your incredibly generous donation!

have a great weekend

regards
-ave

roosl

Thanks, Avery!

I see you're taking the weekend, so you also. And this forum, as well as your dedication deserve it (the help, and the time off)!

He has a pile of points but no rep power.

Well, the green tiles look kinda cool, eh? Balances out that side of the posts. :D Now, rep power.. that would allow me to add green tiles to others', right? That would be nice. A lot of cool folks around here!

Welcome to LPF! You've certainly chosen an awesome first laser! I'm sure that you'll get to red and violet soon enough ...