Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introduction (after posting ofc)

sam1902

Hello dear laser people !
I don't own a huge laser collection, but I find them quite handy and they instantly make any electronics project cool.
I came here because I was worried about the specs of a laser I was using in on of these projects, but I really like optics and making cool electronics projects with lasers so I'll probably stick around.
Sadly I didn't read any welcome post before posting, but I'm happy to have done that now. I had no idea it was possible to reach plane's cockpit with a laser from the ground, that's crazy.

It seems many people are from Texas, and more broadly the USA, so I might appear unresponsive or only posting during night time.
Also, I'm glad to see hak was quick to help me set up my profile correctly :)
I look forward to helping you help me :D

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Good to have you. Did hak pm you about your profile information?

loreadarkshade

Dude welcome! :) I'm new here too! Dec 16 actually haha 2 days before you!

What got me into lasers, is when i found out you can harvest an old DVD Burner and make a burning powerful laser from it. You can even use a blu ray burner and make a dangerous laser :) I love dangerous lasers hehe

(Always use safety glasses)

sam1902

Good to have you. Did hak pm you about your profile information?
Indeed, it's nice to know there's someone watching over new members and unifying the profiles infos.

What got me into lasers, is when i found out you can harvest an old DVD Burner and make a burning powerful laser from it. You can even use a blu ray burner and make a dangerous laser :) I love dangerous lasers hehe

(Always use safety glasses)
When I was a kid, I got a big old DVD player from my parents and actually tried to take it apart to get the laser diode out of it. I think I succefully located it but thank god I had no other tools than a standard screw driver and no way to power the laser diode.

Now I'm looking into making something called a photon ising machine ( amedleyofpotpourri.blogspot.com /2018/08/this-simple-optoelectronic-computer.html) , but I'm not sure if it's possible to make this with a simple amateur toolset. It seems to be a relatively active research area in photonic computing and, as the name suggests, involves lasers quite a bit.

loreadarkshade

Indeed, it's nice to know there's someone watching over new members and unifying the profiles infos.

When I was a kid, I got a big old DVD player from my parents and actually tried to take it apart to get the laser diode out of it. I think I succefully located it but thank god I had no other tools than a standard screw driver and no way to power the laser diode.

Now I'm looking into making something called a photon ising machine ( amedleyofpotpourri.blogspot.com /2018/08/this-simple-optoelectronic-computer.html) , but I'm not sure if it's possible to make this with a simple amateur toolset. It seems to be a relatively active research area in photonic computing and, as the name suggests, involves lasers quite a bit.
I am too stupid for that article hjahahaha