Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Introdcution

Hey guys,

Made my first post today about some safety/health and got some comforting/helpful responses from users already. I realize this is not a place to receive medical advice but in conjunction with the medical advice I already received from a doctor, these posts put my mind to rest (seriously was having panic attacks multiple times a thinking the ophthalmologist didn't know anything about scattered laser light).

I'm new to lasers and am building out a lighting rig for events I produce. Very interested in using lasers in my designs and will be using this forum for consulting on safety/build guidance.

Firstly, I will be curing my paranoia/anxiety before I touch another laser. Then will be investing in the proper safety equipment and beam traps. Then, I plan on getting into some serious laser designs.

I look forward to your help, I love looking at the projects you're all working on.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, dogfish! :beer:

Glad to see that you are going to invest in some proper safety eyewear! :yh:

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay.

Radim

Welcome to LPF,

as Bowite mentioned.
Rep+ for a nice intro and let it make you remember this lesson. Do not overworry however. :) Get checked as proposed. For your own calm in mind... :)

R.

Thanks! Already was checked once the day after I tried it out, I just have some serious anxiety issues I'm currently working through which really compounded the problem. Have another ophthalmologist appt. made for next week.

paul1598419

Welcome to the LPF, dogfishmcfiz. Now that's a mouth full. Hope you are able to learn everything you need to enjoy and be safe with lasers.