Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Intro post

puffphoto

Hello LPF!

Noobie here! I decided to order a 1.4W 465nm laser from jetlasers last week after watching youtube videos and lurking on this forum for a bit. Laser technology has come a long way since I was a boy playing with low power red pointers! Lots of the custom and retailer builds are drool worthy and capable of amazing stuff!

A little about me: I am a technology enthusiast (aren't we all?) with interests in computers, optics, cameras, and software. I also am interested in geology, and have a small but impressive meteorite collection, in addition to some fossils. I enjoy both man made and natural phenomena, and think a laser must be one of the best examples of both combined!

I look forward to getting further into this hobby. I am eagerly waiting the arrival of my PLE mini later this week, and am spending my free time learning about how lasers work so that I can further appreciate the instrument. Hopefully someday soon I will source the parts to make my own build, I bet that's gratifying!

Other than that I'll post again when my PLE mini arrives and I've had some time to see what its capable of!

Best,

puffphoto in Connecticut

Welcome to the LPF. You should enjoy your new Jetlasers pointer. I hope you have purchased appropriate goggles as 1.4 watts is a lot of power. Survival Lasers sells Eagle brand goggles which are quite good and also inexpensive.

puffphoto

Welcome to the LPF. You should enjoy your new Jetlasers pointer. I hope you have purchased appropriate goggles as 1.4 watts is a lot of power. Survival Lasers sells Eagle brand goggles which are quite good and also inexpensive.

Thanks! I am optimistic! Gray at jetlasers said it was shipping today! So should have it in a few days!

Yes, I ordered a pair of Eagle brand goggles from survival lasers which arrived already! Wasn't going to skimp on protecting my eyes, only have 2 for life!

Peter_mot

Hi, everyone. My name is Peter and I'm so glad to be a part of this forum!!!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, puff! :)

Thanks for making an intro. post, it's always nice when a new members tells us a bit about themselves.
I think you'll like your J/L 465nm Mini, I love mine. IMO, Jetlasers and Gray are about the best to work with.

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay!

Peter_mot

Welcome! :)

-Alex
Welcome Puffphoto ---enjoy the forum
Welcome to LPF, puff! :)

Thanks for making an intro. post, it's always nice when a new members tells us a bit about themselves.
I think you'll like your J/L 465nm Mini, I love mine. IMO, Jetlasers and Gray are about the best to work with.

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay!

Thanks to all of you. It's a pleasure to be here. About lasers. I had one when I was a kid, like this. Now I want to buy a laser for my air rifle.

Attachments

• 1463827592124523092.jpg
    1463827592124523092.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi
Welcome
I see you want a laser sight for your air rifle. Well there a re a few things to consider . Air rifles have a reverse recoil action not all lasers sights and scopes can handle this motion. been there done that. Do your homework on specific sights for air rifles.. It will save you a lot of aggravation and money.
Rich:)