Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Intro - Onion

from one burned guy to another.... welcome to LPG man. i was actually in an electrical room with my grandpa. he jumped phases on a 4000amp 480v panel and it cause a huge arc that burned me and my brother. we were in the hospital for 3 weeks and had many operations and skin grafts. so i feel ya!!! the irony is that i love burning stuff with my lasers.

michael.
Hey Michael, glad ya made it thru. Those grafts sure make a man outa ya fast, yes?

I was in the power for 10.3 seconds they say before they heard me scream out, "GOD, save me!"

At that moment a 800 amp line pole breaker opened. yep....

Not many folks walking around that can say they've tripped a 800 amp breaker. Just real glad HE was listening that day.

chipdouglas

well, my g-pa didn't make it. he was in the hospital for 3 months and the docs say it was his age and the severity of the burns. i didn't actually get electrocuted my bro and i "just" caught the arc. it was a huge fire ball. i remember in the trial some experts estimated it to be 5000degrees F.

did you trip it with a an object or did you trip it with both arms with the power going across your chest?

michael.

Morgan

Sauted! Ha! :crackup:

In case you didn't know, you can mulitquote all the posts and answer in one hit. I ain't moaning just a heads up for the future. :angel:

Jeez, 10.3 seconds at 800Amps! Phew! Have you developed any Superpowers yet. :D

M
:)

Have been looking for Stan Lee to come knock on my door. I was going to post some photos, but I need to build a warning notice for the album first!

Its been a while since I've used Vbulletin so I'm working on my curve.

It smoked the tires on the truck I was in and 3 days later when they unloaded the truck at the manufactures shop, it shocked the operator that opened the door!

Morgan

^ Residual capacitance?

My curious nature wants to see photos but my squeemish side says no!!!

Keep working those Spidey-senses!

M
:)