Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Interest guage - 200mw 660nm red pointers...

S

SenKat

Okay folks - I have been successful in reaching a distributor for the "glowtorch" type of red 200mw lasers.....I can get them, shipped to you for right at $130.00 domestically.  IS there enough interest for me to get these shipped here ?  I can order a minimum of ten for this first batch - so let me know if you are interested.  Also - not meaning to sound mean or anything - but do not post your interest level here, and then bail when it comes time, as I wil collect funds prior to ordering them - they are being sent to me via DHL, so we can hope that is kinda fast - I am under the impression that you all could have your lasers in a weeks time, at the maximum.  IF you are 100% certain - send funds via pay-pal to : stonergl@gmail.com and  I will hold the funds until the order occurs - with enough positive reaction, I will order no later than Monday of next week.  This is pretty much a one time offer, if there is not enough interest, it will not take place, and all funds will be refunded.

1.  Wavelength :660nm
 2.  Output Power : <200mW
 3.  Operation Voltage : 6.0VDC
 4.  Operation Current : <320mA
 5.  Constant on/off push button switch in tailcap
 6.  Without 2pcs (CR123A) batteries

Pictures are available in other threads of this beastie - they are REALLY good burners, and use 2  CR123a batteries, which can be purchased online for about $1.00 each !

***EDIT FIXED PRICE ***

Here's a small pic :

url]

If i didn't just order an x 125mw i'd be all over this!
let me know how the order turns out.

Y

yew.sir-name

i'm contemplating it, its  way cheaper than lg orion. but..

how good is it at burning and at what distance? like a balloon at 6ft or whatever. have you hooked it upto a power meter? does it have to be paypal? is that the price for shipment to europe? an is it focusable?

S

SenKat

It is great at burning - I currently do not have one, so cannot answer the distance part. SteveTexas has the same pointer - you can ask him ? I have hooked them up to a power meter in the past, and all of the ones I tested were OVER 200mw. Shipment to Europe would be at the most, $20.00 more.

They are very focusable, and you can adjust the divergence, too ! I suggest if you get one that you mark the location of the focus adjustment prior to messing with it, though !

Paypal is required - I have to do a wire transfer to these folks, and can do it straight from my account. Paypal will refund you anyways if there are any issues with trust.

Y

yew.sir-name

just pm'd steve. $150 or so is still a bargain, spymodex has them at $245. i dont have paypal though, i use someone elses, just spent another $150 yesterday... on a kaidomain 50mw green an other toys, these sites will bankrupt me. may have to wait a while to use paypal again. so i may miss out on it. trust isn't an issue, paypal is

K

kingzilla

These things are crazy burners, it can light matches at over 8ft. I took me a little time to get the focus right, but after that, wow! :D IF anyone has any questions about them I can anwser. Other than that I would highly recommend this laser! If I hadn't spent all my laser budget on other colored lasers, then I would be the 1st to buy one. ;D

Gazoo

Curse you SenKat...ha...ha. I am going to go broke between this and the module I just ordered from you. I will be in for one, it is too good of a deal to turn down. After this, no more reds for me. It will be green next.

Y

yew.sir-name

Moderator said:
These things are crazy burners, it can light matches at over 8ft. I took me a little time to get the focus right, but after that, wow! :D IF anyone has any questions about them I can anwser. Other than that I would highly recommend this laser! If I hadn't spent all my laser budget on other colored lasers, then I would be the 1st to buy one. ;D

i'm just waiting on a bit more info regarding paypal an i'll be in, hopefully pay within the next 24 hours. i'll be getting rechargeable batterys from dx, should i get the 3v or the 3.6? i read that the batteries put out more power than advertised hxxp://ww.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.722 or should i get them elsewhere?

does the laser have a warm up period? how do you focus it, plectrum? what other burning experiences do you have? how bright is the beam? does it have a duty cycle? will it get me laid? compared to branded lasers of similar or lesser mw besides price how is it in any way better, say compared to a laserglow orion or a wicked pulsar.

i know it's alot of questions but i really shouldnt be buying this, not for a couple of weeks anyway, seems too good an opportunity to pass up though

S

SenKat

Yes, this will get you laid.

LOL !!! Too funny ! ;D ;D

Do not use rechargeables in it - if you do - it WILL die. Regular CR123's - you can get them for $1.00 each, and they last FOREVER !

Y

yew.sir-name

guaranteed sex, everyone should own one of these :p .

where would i get regular batteries for a dollar from... it's ok, batteryjunction. what would happen if i charged a regular 123A up slightly once it died, still toomany volts?

S

SenKat

Oooooo- I have never messed with recharging the non rechargeables....I would advise against that in a big way....could be an explosive end to some nice batteries.

Gazoo

yew.sir-name said:
guaranteed sex, everyone should own one of these :p .

where would i get regular batteries for a dollar from... it's ok, batteryjunction. what would happen if i charged a regular 123A up slightly once it died, still toomany volts?

Big NO NO. You could end up exploding the battery and starting a fire.

K

kingzilla

yew.sir-name said:
...does the laser have a warm up period? how do you focus it, plectrum? what other burning experiences do you have? how bright is the beam? does it have a duty cycle? will it get me laid? compared to branded lasers of similar or lesser mw besides price how is it in any way better, say compared to a laserglow orion or a wicked pulsar...

The beam is not really that bright, brighter than my 5mw WL core, similar to the 15mw leadlight I used to have. This is the only high power red laser I have had so I really don't how it compares. It has a little thingy on the front that you turn to adust the focus, kinda a pain at first, but once you get it right, the this is crazy. I don't think it has a duty cycle or warm up period. Other than burning matches it would smoke plastic and leather at 15ft and cut tape at that distance aswell, proably even further, but I didn't has a long enogh room in my house to test.

SenKat said:
Do not use rechargeables in it - if you do - it WILL die.

Thanks for telling me that ealier ::), luckily I only use the batts you sent...lol ;) ;D

And...wow..NEVER recharge regular batteries. My friend tried to recharge a set of regular energizers and they all burst, destroying the batts and charger, and leaving a horrid smell in the house that lasted for days! :eek: :eek: ;D

S

SenKat

Good rule of thumb folks - if it comes with non-rechargeables, that is what it takes ! :)

Never, ever use rechargeable lithiums in reds that you have not been told it is okay to do so....

S

SenKat

By the way, for those of you curious, they DO have glass lenses in them....I am also checking on the warranty period.