Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Inexpensive Hosts for LPC?

seoguy

I have an LPC-815 in an Aixiz (+extra coated glass lens) that I got from Drew recently, that I need a host for, to make myself a burner. What are inexpensive host/bat options that will work with that? Some specific flashlight models from DX, or other (faster-shipping:rolleyes:) Chinese suppliers? Or some cheap LED models available in the US that will work with that? Empty/gutted laser hosts? Something else?

I'm not looking for one of those fancy "Buck Rodgers" Stainless Steel Ray Guns (as cool as that would be to have), I'm looking for something inexpensive.

Thanks!

The MXDL flashlights from dealextreme seem popular around here, they are very flexible as they come with a variety of battery options depending on model. ||I believe the part number is 4171 for one of them. They are probably also popular as heatsinks are available from Jayrob to allow you to mount your module in the host, have a look for threads by Jayrob which explains about the various MXDL flashlights. Dorcy Jr also seems quite popular although you may be restricted to using a drlava flexdrive due to the batteries it takes (not certain on this).

I am new here, but I hope what I have said is correct and useful.

hmmm
is it driven by a flex drive or micro-drive?

want REALLY cheap? if it's drive with a rkcstr thats inside the module, you could solder a 9v snap connector to the driver, and glue the connector to the end of the module lol

And if you set it to 420mA without a nice heatsink... you can say goodbye to it after 5 mins.... go to modwerx.com

Andrew just got a nice heatsink in for labbys. That should do the trick!

Drew has a couple of hosts for sale, complete with heatsink. Check out the b/s/t section.

hmmm
is it driven by a flex drive or micro-drive?

want REALLY cheap? if it's drive with a rkcstr thats inside the module, you could solder a 9v snap connector to the driver, and glue the connector to the end of the module lol

Then slide it into a toilet paper tube. This way you can paint it any color you like.

jeffd

I have some cni style pen hosts for sale $14. Its harder to build then a typical flashlight host but hey its cheap and looks nice:)