Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

In Stock : 3-3.5Watt 445nm Copper Dominator, 2x26650 blue laser.

Re: For sale: 3+Watt Copper Dominator, 2x26650 blue laser.

Got mine in the mail today! damn this thing is a BEAST and very well built....

Blord, one question how do I focus the laser further? The beam divergence seems to be pretty wide. Shining it on the wall produces a wide beam a few feet wide... thanks!

are you serious? by turning the focus knob on the front. if that doesn't work, it's because the lens has come unscrewed from the focus knob, unsrew the knob all the way, exposing the lens. unscrew the lens, then screw the top end of it back into the focus knob, tightly, but without touching the bottom surface of the lens. then screw the lens and knob assembly back into the laser.:undecided:

Alright calm down, I mean, I did give you a likely solution. it seemed obvious, but then I thought maybe the knob came loose from the lens, so I told you how to fix it if thats the problem, I'll even post pics if it helps. be careful with that thing:beer:

did my solution work?

Last edited:

Well I took the silver cap off and turned the brass rings and found the focal point I want but when I try to put the cap back on it keeps spinning inside the cap. Even with trying to hold the brass ring in place w/ a small screw driver and tightening it.... no bueno

the brass rings sound like the lens. you'll need to carefully unscrew it, without touching the botton surface as I mentioned, then tightly screw it into the focus knob, then screw the whole thing back where the lens was

I'd post some pics but my friend has my camera right now I just realized. it would have to wait till later

Last edited:

I was testing it and with the proper focus you can burn things from a good distance! this thing is INSANE! LOL

Blord, would it make sense to permanently attach the silver end cap to the lens? this way you can adjust the focus as needed... just a thought.

what if you needed to replace the lens or switch to a 3 element lens for better beam specs? I'm guessing yours came with a g2 lens, these allow more power but have worse beam specs, more divergence. it's somewhat handy to be able to switch between lenses, though compared to single mode lasers, the divergence of both types is bad

I can rotate the focus ring of mine and the lens barrel will always rotate with it, allowing me to change focus.

Can you make a video for us to take a look at the issue?

As this thread is a for sale thread is there anymore of these lasers left to sell?

I can rotate the focus ring of mine and the lens barrel will always rotate with it, allowing me to change focus.

Can you make a video for us to take a look at the issue?

Yea the problem for me is that the lens barrel is separate and they move separate from the silver ring / end cap. Even if I take the lens all the way out, and try to tighten it into the silver ring, then putting it back onto the host, the focus point is about 2-3 turns from being fully tight so its loose. Hopefully that makes sense.

As this thread is a for sale thread is there anymore of these lasers left to sell?

My understanding is that they are made to order but I don't want to speak for Blord as I'm sure he can answer this better than I can! :)

mine's loose too, it does come unfocused easily, especially with all the weight of my focus ring, I think copper is heavier than aluminum. for example, if it is pointed straight up and I focus it to infinity then tilt the laser sideways (90 degrees), I have to re-focus it.

My question to Blord is can the small module pressed into the heatsink be safely forced into the heatsink a little farther, such that when the focus ring is screwed flush with the heat sink, the laser is focused to infinity. if it's just wires with much wiggle room, this could work, though it way need adjusting to use a 3 element, not sure

Last edited:

or maybe if the threads on the brass lenses are too long, we may be able to tighten it and it be focused at the same time?

Guys, try to add some teflon tape around the barrel screws (if there's already some tape remove and readd it). Did that to mine and it's much more secure now. Not as tight as smaller lasers with external springs but tight enough not to unfocus.

As for having the infinity position at the "end", that'd remove the ability to unfocus both with a short distance waist and without a waist. I personally like being able to do that.

Atomicrox has a good suggestion, I'll try it out. I don't much care for being able to focus on both sides of infinity, but I suppose I can see why it could be useful, not having that high energy focal point out there.

teflon tape aka thread tape:thanks:

edit: tried the teflon tape, it's better, but still not optimal. maybe two layers...

edit 2: two layers did the trick

Last edited:

Got Laser.

Snail Zapping vid inc. So far all tests look good.

Did not detect a way to change the focus of the lens - not sure it is necessary will report back when I have time.