Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Image Hosting Solution with Resized Thumbnails

hoo7h

Hi all,

So when posting pics in my few past threads I have people complaining about the resolution of the images and how they were taking up so much space in the page and making the thread unreadable. So the options were either to resize the images and lose on the resolution, or to upload them twice I guess, once resized and one as a zip file or just links.

Both options were unappealing to me. So I decided to research a bit and I found this website that hosts images, forever, for free, and it offers thumbnail options! Here's the hosting website: Fast, Free Image Hosting - ImageBam

Here's an example. The image below is 3480 x 4640.

The thumbnail will show it in a thread friendly fashion, while if you click on it, you will get the full resolution :)

I hope you find this website helpful when you upload images next.
Cheers :beer:

Last edited:

Try Imgur. That is what I use and many other members too. When you go to post an image, just click on "Large Thumbnail" and you will get a very good size photo with very good resolution.

Thanks. I tend to avoid using photobucket now that you need a paid account for it.

No one around here uses PhotoBucket. When they went to this outrageous pay to play system, many people who used them as the only place to store their photos lost everything. There are still a lot of threads with no pictures because of that. Most people use Imgur around here now. I have always backed up my photos in more than two places, so I lost nothing.

Last edited:

Pman

I use imageshack.
When I touch your pic it does get bigger but it appears to not increase the resolution back to hidef. Can't read anything on that driver.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
That tends to happen when the photo is out of focus. I noticed it too. ;)

Pman

Was supposed to say hidef in my last post;)
Maybe the driver will show up tomorrow Paul

If you are talking about the Blitz Linear Driver, I hope it shows up soon, too. Can't wait to see your 503nm build, Peter. :yh: