Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm very impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think there is some confusion going on here. So I'm going to do my best to clear that up. I'm also going to be as non-biased as I can.

I think the problem lies in a few areas. Firstly and most importantly I don't think people realize that these lasers are probably not live inventory. Essentially what I think is going on (and maybe thejoker can correct me if I'm wrong) is the site says "This laser is in stock!" meaning he has the parts for the laser but they need to be assembled. So when a huge influx of customers come and buy 10+ of a laser he can only get so many done a day. Therefore getting backed up more and more. If what he had was "live inventory" then he would only have to write labels/customs forms, pack it up and drop it off at the post office.

Now I realize thejoker is busy but if his demand is as big as he claims, then he should at least advertise "May take up to X amount of time to fulfill order". If not, what happens is you get pissed off customers who will likely never return AND you'll have threads like this. (Someone once told me "If you do something good, that person might tell a few people. If you do something bad they will tell everyone")

thejoker I like that you make such nice lasers for very affordable prices. Hell, if I had the money I'd probably buy a few but, if ordered a laser and I had to wait two weeks with minimal contact in between and THEN when the laser is finally shipped I had to wait some more... I would possibly just spend a little more and buy a laser from somewhere else. Its nothing personal and I would probably be more than happy to wait at least a little while assuming the communication was good.

Anyway I just wanted to give my input since I have been seeing a lot of these popping up frequently and some in the past too.

its been about 2 weeks and the joker from SciFi Lasers has still not replied, i know that he is busy but before i ordered the laser he replied within hours, than after i ordered its been 2 weeks, no shipment email or a reply to my other email. Im starting to worry!

It is your second thread on the same thing my friend. You emailed me again yesterday and I replied in less than 24 hours :)

You do not need to open a new thread after every email you send me.

I replied to your email. Please just be patient guys , It is not my full time job. And I am also not able to reply 24 hours a day. What I always tell people is to keep emailing me if I do not reply.

And you sent that email yesterday not two weeks ago , it is confusing from what you have said. You made the order two weeks ago :)

I usually reply fast , but some emails are going down the list as many other people email me at the same time , and sometimes due to that reason I do not see your email. My gmail is always full of new messages.

Anyways , I am not doing that on purpose , I am answering everyone if I see their email :) So if I did not answer is because I either did not see it or I did forget too , in both cases email me again please :beer:

Also try to send me a pm here. I always reply. Usually within 24 hours or less.

I am in the proccess of hiring a new guy to help me , but it will take time.

:beer:

I think there is some confusion going on here. So I'm going to do my best to clear that up. I'm also going to be as non-biased as I can.

I think the problem lies in a few areas. Firstly and most importantly I don't think people realize that these lasers are probably not live inventory. Essentially what I think is going on (and maybe thejoker can correct me if I'm wrong) is the site says "This laser is in stock!" meaning he has the parts for the laser but they need to be assembled. So when a huge influx of customers come and buy 10+ of a laser he can only get so many done a day. Therefore getting backed up more and more. If what he had was "live inventory" then he would only have to write labels/customs forms, pack it up and drop it off at the post office.

Now I realize thejoker is busy but if his demand is as big as he claims, then he should at least advertise "May take up to X amount of time to fulfill order". If not, what happens is you get pissed off customers who will likely never return AND you'll have threads like this. (Someone once told me "If you do something good, that person might tell a few people. If you do something bad they will tell everyone")

thejoker I like that you make such nice lasers for very affordable prices. Hell, if I had the money I'd probably buy a few but, if ordered a laser and I had to wait two weeks with minimal contact in between and THEN when the laser is finally shipped I had to wait some more... I would possibly just spend a little more and buy a laser from somewhere else. Its nothing personal and I would probably be more than happy to wait at least a little while assuming the communication was good.

Anyway I just wanted to give my input since I have been seeing a lot of these popping up frequently and some in the past too.

Totally understood. Though I do reply within 24 hours usually. I do not wait two weeks to reply. I might do not notice an email , but most people just send another one. It is reasonable to send me two or even three emails a day , it is okay.

Though this is the second thread he opens about this. I got an email 9 hours ago and replied that I will update him today , and I just did.

I think people need to be a bit more patient about the replies. And if you see it takes more than a day to me to get back to you , just send another email :) I will not be angry if you send me 2-3 emails a day. it is cool :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.