Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm seeing colors, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of get the same effect when I'm really tired. When I close my eyes I see these bright round blobs that seem to get closer, and it repeats over and over. Like I'm running into a light tunnel. When I see these I know sleep is on the way. Either that or I'm getting a really good batch of acid. :tinfoil:

Benm

The brain can pull these tricks on you even when you're not on drugs. Vision works differently from say a camera connected to a tv - it is very hard to tell if a 'signal' is actually coming from the retina, or generated someway along the way in the processing.

Seeing something 'odd' in general is no cause for alarm as far as eye health goes - signs of damage are often pretty specific.

I see purple weird shapes when i close my eyes in a really dark room when im not so tired. Its really weird because they look like they are coming towards me and the closer they get the more they change from purple to a yellowish green. I think im just retarded though

I discovered this when i was about three or four. You should try using it as a way of meditation. I've developed it to the point where I can sometimes have a dream and be fully awake simultaneously, though from what i remember it doesn't take long to get to that point. just watch it without thinking about it or anything else and you'll get there eventually. It's much more useful than chanting or music because its involuntary and it barely stimulates your senses.

Hi Everyone,
This has been troubling me for some time, and I think this is the best place to ask.

When I turn out my lights, the room is pitch black. And I glance at my alarm clock, which has LEDs. I'll see a band of purple light that extends out horizontally from the alarm clock. When I move my head from side to side, the purple wave will distort.

I've done my best at photoshopping the effect (the color isn't as bright, but you get the idea) on the images below:

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Why would my eyes interpret the coloring of the alarm clock with this band of violet?

Thanks

did your friend see it too? if so, could you tell us the make and model and any other "tagging info" we would need to find one of these?

When I look at my clock radio, which has red digital display, I see some very faint dark blue shapes as well. Mine are in a football (American) shape not those waves, and the color is like the blue in the "Dark Lasers" ad on this forum, only far more faint.

Anyway, I've seen them long since I've been a kid, so I figure they're probably just the pattern of cones in my eye reacting to the monochromatic color of the clock. I doubt it's anything you need to see a doctor for.

Benm

It might just be a color contrast effect indeed... for those of us old enough to remember: it used to happen all the time with the green monochrome computer monitors. Stare half an hour at one of those, and the world would appear all pink for a few minutes afterwards.

Relax :) It just means you have a asymmetry of focus or astigmatism in one or both eyes. Since you have been up late, and your pupils are dilated, your lens muscles cannot compensate for it. It appears purple because the astigmatic flare is out of focus red light and is activating mainly rod cells that are most sensitive to blue light.

Talk to your eye doctor, as you may need glasses or your prescription adjusted.

Moptsp

It only happens when it's very dark out. It happens every time I go to sleep, without fail everytime.

I've also noticed that I can't see the violet when I'm not laying down, so I am thinking that the lower parts of my eyes are sensitive to it. When I stand up and look at it directly it's not as easy to see.

Everyone eyes are more sensitive to light around the sides. Ill notice this my self when there is little to no light and one area has a tiny bit of light.

If I look away from the area, still keeping it insight, I can see it lit up move than around it, but if I look directly at it, I can't.
I heard that this is true somewhere so I know it's not just me (you proved that), but I'm not sure where I heard it from.

-Moptsp

D

Deleted member 8382

May I ask why did you consider a laser pointers forum is the best place to ask about you seeing strange colors? Just curious xD

Buffy

Hi

Do you have a history of migraine? The reason I as is that I have suffered migraine for many years and I frequently have this sort of thing, especially either when it's dark or just before dark.

Take care

Buffy

I think you're seeing the carrier wave for the government mind control beams.

You see those too? I thought it was just me.
119.gif

I see purple weird shapes when i close my eyes in a really dark room when im not so tired. Its really weird because they look like they are coming towards me and the closer they get the more they change from purple to a yellowish green. I think im just retarded though

me too!!! it also sometimes happens when i look at an object , then close my eyes the light is in the shape of the object! (day or night)

me too!!! it also sometimes happens when i look at an object , then close my eyes the light is in the shape of the object! (day or night)

That just sounds like a standard afterimage caused by the delay in replacing the chemicals in your retina that were used up sensing the initial image. The brighter it was the more chemicals got used, the longer the afterimage persists.

I was puzzled for a time, a few years back with a similar phenomenon. Every time I looked at a certain color of light (mainly in the blueish-white range,IE; HID headlights, streetlights) I would see a bright violet "flame" coming out of the side of the light source. As I moved my head around, the "flame" would turn in a circle around the light.

I talked to my eye doctor about it and got the same answers you all have gave, cone & rods, tired, etc.

It wasn't until I bought my first pair of UV coated eyeglasses that I realized the flame was gone. It had been my glasses all along not stopping (near) UV rays. I never could have seen the flame, or the lights, for that matter, without my glasses, as I have 20/400 vision. Without my glasses I can't identify my own mother at 3 feet away.LOL

mfo

I was puzzled for a time, a few years back with a similar phenomenon. Every time I looked at a certain color of light (mainly in the blueish-white range,IE; HID headlights, streetlights) I would see a bright violet "flame" coming out of the side of the light source. As I moved my head around, the "flame" would turn in a circle around the light.

I talked to my eye doctor about it and got the same answers you all have gave, cone & rods, tired, etc.

It wasn't until I bought my first pair of UV coated eyeglasses that I realized the flame was gone. It had been my glasses all along not stopping (near) UV rays. I never could have seen the flame, or the lights, for that matter, without my glasses, as I have 20/400 vision. Without my glasses I can't identify my own mother at 3 feet away.LOL

Holy shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.