Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i'm new to forums and need expert help/top sellers only

i am new to the forums but have been studying lasers for a very long time....i am wanting to get the very best laser right now that i can get arround these specs

number 1 thing i want is: power...i want the burning power to be the best that it can be with the quickness of burning to be as quick as possible

2nd: i want the laser to have at least 5 min+ of constantly being on without killing the lasers life time

3rd: i would like the laser to be seen from as far away as possible without taking away from burn power (i would like to have a visible beam if possible)

4th: would like to have alot of attachments such as "flashlight, stars, others" (laser saber would be awesome but i know wicked is not the "absolute best")

5th: would like to have a laser with a quick on and off so i can turn it on and off quickly when needed (having a protection method such as a lock or other protection method would be good but i can always remove the battery when not in use)

money is not a problem as far as i have seen most of the lasers going for that i have studied but would like one under $700 (if u find 1 over this price that is better than any other then please post it anyway so i can research more)

extra info: the best i have found so far with my qualifications above is a blue/violet 2W 445nm laser (most being between $200-$400 for cheap ones)

also please do not start/reply to any conversation on here unless it is related to this, or will help some1 out as it will hinder me and any else trying to learn

i don't know if links are allowed on these forums but any links would be appreciated too if allowed

tyvm for all the help in advance

#4 - diffraction gratings is in conflict with high power, since the high power will melt most of those diffraction gratings that make cute little shapes.

Other than that, I think you are spot on thinking a blue 445nm laser is the way to go. Those are, more or less, the strongest and most available for your money, right now.

Long duty times, however, leaving it on for 5 minutes or more, is possible, but not many do that. Read through the historical Buy/Sell/Trade forum and you will see some clever people are building these.

You did not mention portability. Is that an issue? Lab lasers (those that plug into the wall, and can run more or less continuously) cost a great deal more than battery operated, portable pointer-like ones.

Last edited:
merged consecutive posts

ok portability i want to be able to be like a laser pointer.... don't care how heavy or big just as long as it is not heavier than a brick lol

knew i'd leave something out lol

dang.... already forgot to include i need eye safety too. sorry every1, i left the most important thing you could ever have for a powerful laser

some1 please point me to the best eye safty too for 400nm-600nm lasers,
or the best 1 for the laser you are pointing me and every1 else to

#4 - diffraction gratings is in conflict with high power, since the high power will melt most of those diffraction gratings that make cute little shapes.

Other than that, I think you are spot on thinking a blue 445nm laser is the way to go. Those are, more or less, the strongest and most available, right now.

Long duty times, however, leaving it on for 5 minutes or more, is possible, but not many do that. Read through the historical Buy/Sell/Trade forum and you will see some clever people are building these.

You did not mention portability. Is that an issue? Lab lasers (those that plug into the wall, and can run more or less continuously) cost a great deal more that battery operated, portable pointer-like ones.

holy crap you refered me to probly the perfect laser....my favorite color is blue when used the right way and this color of blue in the pictures of the laser link you gave uses the blue in my favorite way

Last edited by a moderator:
also please do not start/reply to any conversation on here unless it is related to this, or will help some1 out as it will hinder me and any else trying to learn

Any Member can reply to this Thread if they choose to...

Why are you so interested in the maximum BURNING power...

You had not even asked about Laser Safely Goggles/Glasses
for this Uber Burning Laser you are looking for...

BTW... Triple Posting when it is not necessary is frowned
upon by the Forum community...

You can easily edit or add to your Posts by clicking [Edit]
found at the bottom right of any of your posts.

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
more than 5mins duty cycle?
perhaps longer than that...
Powerful?
then you have to study their range that suits your taste...

Jetlasers

Some LPF members here can build you very powerful and long duty cycle for 445nm, The Maze of Doom :beer:

Still Jetlasers was your best bet.

God bless :angel:

You say that you've been studying lasers for a long time. Based on your extremely unrealistic expectations of your dream laser you desire to purchase I don't think you have...

wow....lots of trolls that wont get answered in here lol....all of the laser qualities i have said are what i'd like lol not required....yes i know that the tips like "flashlight, star, and others" would probly burn....but the way technology is going there could have been something i overlooked somewhere....so please the next time you read a post think about how it is said such as: "i would like, or i want"....tyvm :)

Im surprised you got any replies with your attitude...I got the impression none of us were worthy of answering your thread, as you were such a laser expert...:bowdown: very sad:rolleyes:

Like I said in a previous post someone already found a laser I like alot with some extra links going to others so thank you for everyone's help but from here on lets please post about lasers so we can help others trying to find their laser that they like

dang.... already forgot to include i need eye safety too. sorry every1, i left the most important thing you could ever have for a powerful laser

some1 please point me to the best eye safty too for 400nm-600nm lasers,
or the best 1 for the laser you are pointing me and every1 else to

The Uvex goggles mentioned in my signature line sold by Amazon are effective in the blue range and are a bargain for $10. Search the forums if you want proof. There are better goggles, but at 5x to 10x the cost.

if you're showing your lasers to others, you may need more than one pair if goggles. The Uvex goggles are great for that, too.